• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Borgioli Shell Cordovan Offer

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I am considering developing an entire Genuine Shell Cordovan (from Horween) package of shoes, I started with one of my key shoes - the 'Roma' from Borgioli. Â To better judge the interest, I would like to offer a special to Forum members on this shoe - $100 OFF, or $575 + shipping. Â This plaintoe has become a staple of my business in black calf, and I have done it here in #4 Shell Cordovan from Horween, in Chicago. Â This is a little brighter finish and more clearly a burgundy than the #8 that is often seen by Alden and Allen Edmonds. Â The 'Roma' is true Goodyear construction meaning the 'Norvegese' chain stitch you see is functional, tying the uppers to the full leather insole. Â This is a very versatile shoe as well as being extremely durable; particularly in Shell Cordovan. http://www.francos.com/items/itemzoom.asp?sku5=87609 The size translation is as follows: 42.5=8.5 43=9 43.5=9.5 44=10 44.5=10.5 45=11 45.5=11.5 46=12 ( not available) I am not going to list discount on the site, please fill in styleforum on the order form, if you are interested, and I will deduct the $100. Â Or simply email me at ron(at)francos.com, or riders5r(at)cs.com, or call the 800# listed on Francos site. Â I will offer this thru next weekend for anyone that is interested ~ thanks. Ron

spatten

Reaction score
There doesn't appear to be many options in the marketplace for a shell cordovan shoe on an elegant last. I think this is a need, I have been looking for just that.

I would have considered biting on your offer - but unfortunately wear size 12 - 12.5 D US.

I hope you have good success with the cordovan venture. Keep us informed..

Scott

JohnMS

Reaction score
I'm a size 8D, will anything be made in that size? Unfortunately it appears the smaller sizes are stocked in certain Gravati styles as well. Please post any smaller size offerings as they become available.

I like the shoe you have listed.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a size 8D, will anything be made in that size

Yes, I know it can get frustrating sometimes...

I usually start a size run in something new at 8.5, but will add 8 and below on re-orders. If you have an interest in any of the Gravati you mention, let me know - I am placing a fill-in order next week and will happily add your size to anything I do not have currently.

Ron

InPa

Reaction score
I'd like to see some additional views of the cordovan mode if possible. Thanks.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rider: Do you have anything like that in a balmoral?
Well, I have this one in stock... http://www.francos.com/items/item.asp?sku5=29824 I have had three requests today for the shell cordovan in a plaintoe bal - from Borgioli I would probably need to order a run, and might. However, I am working on a Handmade program with Martegani where this could be done in the Norvegese construction as single orders. Hope to work out the final details in a week or two...

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow, great shoes, great price..

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey rider you don't ever happen to have anything in a 10B or 10C do you?

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but not from Borgioli. Obviously, Allen Edmonds is the most readily available in the narrower widths, and most of the Martegani lasts are available in a narrow fitting - done quite a few. I will have some in stock from them soon, which will make ordering custom shoes in narrow width more convenient. I'll keep you posted or you can PM me and I can give you further information.

Ron

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics