• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Boots

pejsek

Reaction score
What do you all think of these boots I picked up over the weekend? The lower picture gives a hint of the nicely chiselled toe.

img0974ym9.jpg

img0975kd1.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I really like them. They are unique without looking odd. Nice curves and a solid looking buckle

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice, they are classic without seeming dated.

If these are another of your finds, are they your size?

I would have bought them even if they were just close.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, very nice. simple and understated. wear them in good health!!!

-Jeff

Houndstooth

Reaction score
Boots are cool but the chair is beautiful. What kind is it?

pejsek

Reaction score
Good eye, Houndstooth! The chair is a Philadelphia Chippendale mahogany easy chair (mid- to late- 18th Century). My wife's grandmother had the superb good sense to start collecting Early American furniture back in the late 1950s when it was woefully undervalued. As luck would have it a few pieces made their way down to us. The red damask fabric is old but certainly not original.
As to the boots, I'm really pleased with these. They are vintage Testoni, originally made for a men's store called Erve in Nyon, Switzerland (a twon on Lake Geneva; I had to look). I found them in the thrift store, tucked away among the womens shoes; not my size, but I couldn't pass them up. They are by far the nicest Testonis I've seen. I would guess they were made in the 1970s. They don't show the usual Testoni cloth label; rather all of the information and the Testoni crest are embossed in gold on the liner. The quality of the leather is absolutely superb. The design highlights are the chiselled toe, the single-eyelet strap, the heavy brushed gold buckle, and the slightly stacked heel.
They would mesh well, I think, with things from this Japanese shop:
www.sinner.jp

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics