• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New boots for the winter

Gwin

Reaction score
Hy,

I'm new here and hope you can help me.

I'm looking for a new pair of boots for the fall and winter and I had a lot of bad luck finding the right one so far.
At the moment I own 5 pair of boots:
-Two pairs of Herring Stow in brown/creme two-tone suede and blue suede http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/_shop/products/Herring-Herring Stow Suede-Blue Suede-5838-3073-1.jpg
I love them but I can't wear them in the mud or snow.

- A pair of the classic Timberland 6inch boot. It would be ok (a bit too rustic and boring) but they are a bit too small, so I can't wear them.

- A pair of Ralph Lauren Lindrick Cordovan Boots. Love at first sight
inlove.gif
. So I bought them, despite the fact that the shop had them only half a number too big for me. Thought my cobbler and thicker socks could do the trick, but they couldn't. So I haven't worn the boots.

- A pair of black leather no name boots with a rubber sole. Old, worn, don't like them anymore.

What I'm looking for is a brown leather boot somewhere between the Herring boots and the Timberland, thats good for a bit of snow and muddy footpath in a park or forest.
The Red Wings Beckman doesn't fit right. The classic Moctoe fits but I don't like the style.
I realy like the look of the Half Zeno https://halfs.de/index.php/cat/c1_Schuhe.html#p25_ZENO-1244 but I'm not shure about the part-leather sole (and I have not worn it yet)

Any Idea which boot could be right for me?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the bug is back.
duplicate post.

Last edited:

Gwin

Reaction score
300€ like the Halfs would be perfect at the moment but if the boot is woth it and I don't find a cheaper one I would go up to 400€ or 500€.

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Veldtschoen is the only way to go if you have wet winters. C&J do the Snowdon and Cheaney have three models, the Pennine, Fiennes and the Mallory

http://www.cheaney.co.uk/mens-shoes/3/country-leisure

Or you could go for gold and get Edward Green's Galway. Just make sure you get one of their models made on the 64 last and not one of the more fashion forward models.

Gwin

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers. Helped me to get clear about what I want:

- medium/dark brown leather (no suede, because I have the two pairs of Herring suede boots)
- no scotch grain leather
- preferably no brouging (again Herring boots)
- Commando Sole or comparable (got 2 Dainite und a crepe sole)

C&J and Edward Green are above my budget in germany. ;(

The Alfred Sargent Camebridge looks good, but it's scotch grain and has a leather sole.
On cheaney.co.uk I liked the Pennine, but it's also scotch grain.

deburn

Reaction score

Thanks for the answers. Helped me to get clear about what I want:

- medium/dark brown leather (no suede, because I have the two pairs of Herring suede boots)
- no scotch grain leather
- preferably no brouging (again Herring boots)
- Commando Sole or comparable (got 2 Dainite und a crepe sole)

C&J and Edward Green are above my budget in germany. ;(

The Alfred Sargent Camebridge looks good, but it's scotch grain and has a leather sole.
On cheaney.co.uk I liked the Pennine, but it's also scotch grain.

I'm guessing a lot of the weather-proof boots are going to be made of pebble-grain leather

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As an aside; what size are those Lindricks that don't fit?! ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads