• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New BMW X5

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SP32-20060807-181034.jpg

http://autospies.com/news/BMW-offici...e-new-X5-7482/

I've yet to see it in person but I like it. Looks like the old X5 has gone through a diet and emerges a bit more muscular. It'll also have third-row seatings available. From some angles though, it looks very much like a X3.

UMass

Reaction score
Now thats is a BMW! NO funky butts or werido headlights. I like the agressive designed BMW twin kidney grills, why can't all the other models have that?

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mom has an X5... I much prefer the old design.. this one looks like the X3...

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
What’s with the joystick? Whatever happened to good old gear levers? Jon.
I actually like the simplified design. Hope it works as well as it looks. Nevertheless, I still prefer the good old stick shift.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's good for hauling mulch.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
Looks like it's good for hauling mulch.

And how!

Anyway I think it looks like an X3

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
What's with the joystick? Whatever happened to good old gear levers?

28-2007-bmw-x5.jpg

Jon.

Looks similar to the new M5 7spd DSG "shifter" or joystick.

Cody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
Looks similar to the new M5 7spd DSG "shifter" or joystick.

I don't like the look of it. It looks like something you'd accidentally hit with your elbow and snap off.

Cody

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
That looks shoddily made.

LOL and what exactly are you basing that on? I don't think you will find too many people who say BMW uses shoddy materials.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually kind of like the shifter thing. It looks delicate yet sturdy. It frees up alot of room in that area of a car/suv/sav for bigger and better cupholders, muffin trays and such

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I actually kind of like the shifter thing. It looks delicate yet sturdy. It frees up alot of room in that area of a car/suv/sav for bigger and better cupholders, muffin trays and such

You shouldn't eat or drink while driving...it's just a road hazard to have a distracted driver. Why else do you think the cars in Germany don't usually come with cup holders, or if they do, it's a thing that they only do as of late? I remember my dad's S600 (coupe), which had no cup holders. Correction, the space in-between your legs was the cup holder.

Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads