1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New Bloomingdale's SF

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cbrokaw, Sep 28, 2006.

1. cbrokaw

cbrokaw Well-Known Member

Has anyone been to the new Bloomingdale's SF? How is the selection? Does it rival the Bloomie's in Beverly Hills or Soho NYC? I hope it's not like the Bloomingdale's in Palo Alto. That one is more like a Macy's....with very little selection.

2. Stax

Stax Senior member

I think I will check it out this weekend.

3. southgate house

southgate house Senior member

I went at lunch today and it was really busy. Worse than holiday time. However, the selection of merchandise is pretty great. They carry Viktor and Rolf, APC, Martin Margiela, and Marc Jacobs mainline, which in my book is some of the best designer stuff around. There's also a RL Polo that seemed nice (but it's all blue label as far as I could tell).

4. Stax

Stax Senior member

I went at lunch today and it was really busy. Worse than holiday time. However, the selection of merchandise is pretty great. They carry Viktor and Rolf, APC, Martin Margiela, and Marc Jacobs mainline, which in my book is some of the best designer stuff around. There's also a RL Polo that seemed nice (but it's all blue label as far as I could tell).

Nice to hear. I was reading today that it is the largest Blommingdales other than the NY flagship.

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Is this the one in the old Emporium-Capwell building?

When will the Barney's open?

6. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

I can't wait until the Barney's opens.

I believe it is scheduled to open in the fall of 2007.

7. Stax

Stax Senior member

I believe it is scheduled to open in the fall of 2007.

yes, i read that in the paper today.

8. DandySF

DandySF Senior member

I dropped by the new store after work today. The men's area covers at least a full floor. The environment is crisp, bright, and fresh. There's a very good selection of Canali suits and sport coats.

Incidentally, I read that Bloomingdales' target customer is in the top 20% of income earners in the US. Saks and Neiman target the top 1%.

9. Stax

Stax Senior member

Incidentally, I read that Bloomingdales' target customer is in the top 20% of income earners in the US. Saks and Neiman's target the top 1%.

That seems about right.

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Nice to hear. I was reading today that it is the largest Blommingdales other than the NY flagship.

I believe that's right until the SCP store opens, which will be the largest Bloomingdales by quite a bit afaik.

11. soultek

soultek Well-Known Member

wow that's a way better selection than the beverly center bloomingdales. i'll have to check it out next weekend..

12. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

There was already a Bloomingdales at Stanford Shopping Center.