1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New Blazer - Please Critique Fit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by camorristi, Feb 15, 2011.

1. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

What's the white bit under the collar?

It looks short and stiff on you. I like the buttons though. I've noticed quite alot of navy blazers have brass buttons. Is there any particular reason for that?

2. camorristi

camorristi Active Member

Also, try taking a picture without puffing out the chest/shoulders. Stand normally. Unless you actually spend more time with your shoulders unusually erect and arms puffed out.

That is my normal posture. Think 1940s Bugs Bunny mobsters lol.

Looks absurd. Get the Madison.

I will try a couple of regent jackets first. They all have side vents, and I've never had any problems with side vents.

This, this, and maybe this.

You look fat in it.

Good eye! The jacket in the picture is a 40R and my actual size is 38R.

What's the white bit under the collar?

It looks short and stiff on you. I like the buttons though. I've noticed quite alot of navy blazers have brass buttons. Is there any particular reason for that?

Are you talking about the white OCBD shirt? I like silver or brass buttons. It's a personal preference.

3. Kurt N

Kurt N Senior member

I've noticed quite alot of navy blazers have brass buttons. Is there any particular reason for that?

It's the jacket's nautical heritage. Same reason why navy is called navy.

4. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

the regent cut isnt going to work for you but seems like your gunna buy it anyhow.

5. dks202

dks202 Senior member

In my opinion the main problem is the center vent, .

If the center vent splits open then both side vents will too. It's too tight.

6. camorristi

camorristi Active Member

the regent cut isnt going to work for you but seems like your gunna buy it anyhow.
    Not necessarily, I'll have to make a trip to the Brooks store whenever I have time and try it first. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. I might go for the 1818 blazer as a last resort.
    If the center vent splits open then both side vents will too. It's too tight.
    Maybe, but not always. Usually side vents drape better than a center vent.

7. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Maybe, but not always. Usually side vents drape better than a center vent.

But that's just a bandaid fix. Getting a center vented jacket that actually fits would be better.

Oh, and if you buy the jacket, take the tag off the cuff. I'm getting really damn tired of seeing people wear them around (especially on those big cashmere overcoats).

8. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

looks like your ass is made for double vent.

9. phoenixrecon

Oh, and if you buy the jacket, take the tag off the cuff. I'm getting really damn tired of seeing people wear them around (especially on those big cashmere overcoats).

people actually do that lol

10. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Are you talking about the white OCBD shirt? I like silver or brass buttons. It's a personal preference.

I mis-spoke. I said collar when I meant lapel. If you look at the notch in his left (our right) lapel, there's some white thing sticking out from underneath it.

11. phoenixrecon

I mis-spoke. I said collar when I meant lapel. If you look at the notch in his left (our right) lapel, there's some white thing sticking out from underneath it.

thats the merchant tag... it comes off

12. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

people actually do that lol

Yeah... Here in Korea it's epidemic. I see dudes with an otherwise fine looking coat with that ugly-ass [HAND MADE] or [100% CASHMERE] tag on the sleeve all the damn time.

13. NoYes

NoYes Well-Known Member

You probably do need to go a size up and then get a little bit off the sleeves.

14. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

You probably do need to go a size up and then get a little bit off the sleeves.

Tricky thing is the shoulders look good. It may just be too slim cut a jacket for him.

15. camorristi

camorristi Active Member

But that's just a bandaid fix. Getting a center vented jacket that actually fits would be better.

I'm planning to return the jacket, so I did not want to take off any tags.

That's the price tag.

16. comrade

comrade Senior member

It looks to tight to me. My official first post.

It is tight. Vent should not be open, among other things.