• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Blazer - Please Critique Fit

camorristi

Active Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I just got this BB Fitzgerald blazer in 40R, what do you think of the overall fit? I don't like the fit but I can't tell what needs to be adjusted. I got this instead of a 38R which fit my chest perfectly and the sleeve length was good but the vent was open. I can see the vent open in this one too, also I'm not happy with the overall loose silhouette and I don't like the way it's curved from the back. I would prefer something close fitting. Should I get the next size up and have it adjusted? What can I do to make this blazer fit better?

Thanks!




 

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,441
Reaction score
29
did they not have a tailor at the store you were in or what?
 

AKMarkB

Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2011
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
It looks to tight to me. My official first post.


Originally Posted by camorristi
Hi,

I just got this BB Fitzgerald blazer in 40R, what do you think of the overall fit? I don't like the fit but I can't tell what needs to be adjusted. I got this instead of a 38R which fit my chest perfectly and the sleeve length was good but the vent was open. I can see the vent open in this one too, also I'm not happy with the overall loose silhouette and I don't like the way it's curved from the back. I would prefer something close fitting. Should I get the next size up and have it adjusted? What can I do to make this blazer fit better?

Thanks!




 

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
14
^^^ Can you not quote all the pics, please?
 

inlandisland

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2010
Messages
557
Reaction score
438
It doesn't look too tight in the shoulders, but it looks tight through the body. The lapels are not a straight V shape, but seem to be bowing a little and the vent is definitely being pulled open... Maybe instead of sizing up, you should look for a blazer that has a fuller cut through the body and then have it taken it as you don't want to buy something that requires the shoulders to be altered. You might also consider a blazer that has dual side vents as opposed to a center vent if you find this is a problem you have with center vents in general.
 

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,441
Reaction score
29
Originally Posted by inlandisland
It doesn't look too tight in the shoulders, but it looks tight through the body. The lapels are not a straight V shape, but seem to be bowing a little and the vent is definitely being pulled open... Maybe instead of sizing up, you should look for a blazer that has a fuller cut through the body and then have it taken it as you don't want to buy something that requires the shoulders to be altered. You might also consider a blazer that has dual side vents as opposed to a center vent if you find this is a problem you have with center vents in general.

+1
 

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
14
The sleeves need shortening, and as someone else suggested, try getting something a bit fuller around the body (either that, or do more squats
). The length seems correct, and the balance is a bit off, and the vent remaining open makes your, well, rear look rather imposing. The shoulders seem fine. Also, your trousers seem too big (and they have the sizing sticker on them).
 

camorristi

Active Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
In my opinion the main problem is the center vent, I'm thinking about returning it and getting something with side vents. Sorry about the pics being too big, I forgot to resize them.
 

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
14

andrew96

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Messages
272
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by inlandisland
It doesn't look too tight in the shoulders, but it looks tight through the body. The lapels are not a straight V shape, but seem to be bowing a little and the vent is definitely being pulled open... Maybe instead of sizing up, you should look for a blazer that has a fuller cut through the body and then have it taken it as you don't want to buy something that requires the shoulders to be altered. You might also consider a blazer that has dual side vents as opposed to a center vent if you find this is a problem you have with center vents in general.

Agreed.
 

camorristi

Active Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Metlin
The sleeves need shortening, and as someone else suggested, try getting something a bit fuller around the body (either that, or do more squats
). The length seems correct, and the balance is a bit off, and the vent remaining open makes your, well, rear look rather imposing. The shoulders seem fine.

Also, your trousers seem too big (and they have the sizing sticker on them).


Just got those trousers, I'll be returning them soon.


Originally Posted by pvrhye
A center vent that fits well won't do that.

I'll try to get the fit right at the brooks store, if it doesn't work out I'll look for something with side vents. I never had this problem with side vents.
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 16 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 82 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 160 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 79 16.3%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 41 8.5%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 30 6.2%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 18 3.7%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 9 1.9%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 2.7%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 100+

    Votes: 28 5.8%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,587
Messages
9,201,147
Members
193,207
Latest member
ArmyPerrin

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top