• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New bespoke suit...

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Okay, so... that time has come again where I'm considering a suit. Once again, it'll be from Baron Boutique. Basically I'm getting a navy two button suit with a waistcoat, but it needs to stand well on its own being a two-piece suit. Here's the style guide from the website. I've talked about the other options specified below with Raj Bista over email before. Jacket: Single breasted, 2 button normal fastening, AL-2 lining, regular buttons, double vent, type-1 piped pocket, upper welted pocket, ticket pocket, rounded bottom, notch lapel, lapel hole, rolled lapels, 4 button working sleeve, natural shoulder Trouser: Zip closure with no button tab, no pleat, 1/8 top pocket, one back pocket, plain waistband with side adjuster buckles, knee lining, no cuff Vest: Vest-3 Note that AL-2 is the number of an aqua blue acetate lining swatch he sent me. I'm also getting a more suppressed waist, higher armholes, and narrow lapels at 2.5-2.75". Anything you'd do differently, let me know. I'm 6'1, slender, and have a light complexion.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Your sleeves are too long...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anytime pal... are you going to get the word "Pimp" embroidered on your lapel? 'Cause I think that would be real classy...

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Your sleeves are too long...

I'm confused - I don't see any pictures or measurements....

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
Okay, so... that time has come again where I'm considering a suit. Once again, it'll be from Baron Boutique. Basically I'm getting a navy two button suit with a waistcoat, but it needs to stand well on its own being a two-piece suit. Here's the style guide from the website. I've talked about the other options specified below with Raj Bista over email before.

Jacket: Single breasted, 2 button normal fastening, AL-2 lining, regular buttons, double vent, type-1 piped pocket, upper welted pocket, ticket pocket, rounded bottom, notch lapel, lapel hole, rolled lapels, 4 button working sleeve, natural shoulder
Trouser: Zip closure with no button tab, no pleat, 1/8 top pocket, one back pocket, plain waistband with side adjuster buckles, knee lining, no cuff
Vest: Vest-3

Note that AL-2 is the number of an aqua blue acetate lining swatch he sent me. I'm also getting a more suppressed waist, higher armholes, and narrow lapels at 2.5-2.75". Anything you'd do differently, let me know. I'm 6'1, slender, and have a light complexion.

How's their workmanship? Do they do hand-stitching?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I'm confused - I don't see any pictures or measurements....

Its just my standard response... I don't believe its been made yet.

smile.gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has or is the tailor going to measure you or are you planning on taking your own measurements and then sending them to him?

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
MilanoStyle: Workmanship is good. With floating canvas it is definitely the real thing and is hand stitched to the lapels. Shoulderpads are quality. Buttonholes are noticeably hand done. I've ordered from them before and found their workmanship overall pretty well done. They do some other little features like chest pleats in the jacket, five inner pockets, trouser hem has kick tape and the waistband a hidden change pocket. With the floating canvas spec horn buttons are standard, which was nice. Even the vest had canvassing.

odoreater: They already have my measurements on file which were done by someone I know and sent to them. They're based in Nepal, so getting them done by the tailor would be nice, but next to impossible for me.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Those horizontal pleats inside the chest lining.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Here's what I mean:
bbsuit_chestpleats.jpg
I have other pictures of the construction available upon request for discernists...

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I need to get one more suit for going out and stuff .. I might try these guys ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads