Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New bespoke suit...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jovan, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Okay, so... that time has come again where I'm considering a suit. Once again, it'll be from Baron Boutique. Basically I'm getting a navy two button suit with a waistcoat, but it needs to stand well on its own being a two-piece suit. Here's the style guide from the website. I've talked about the other options specified below with Raj Bista over email before. Jacket: Single breasted, 2 button normal fastening, AL-2 lining, regular buttons, double vent, type-1 piped pocket, upper welted pocket, ticket pocket, rounded bottom, notch lapel, lapel hole, rolled lapels, 4 button working sleeve, natural shoulder Trouser: Zip closure with no button tab, no pleat, 1/8 top pocket, one back pocket, plain waistband with side adjuster buckles, knee lining, no cuff Vest: Vest-3 Note that AL-2 is the number of an aqua blue acetate lining swatch he sent me. I'm also getting a more suppressed waist, higher armholes, and narrow lapels at 2.5-2.75". Anything you'd do differently, let me know. I'm 6'1, slender, and have a light complexion.

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Your sleeves are too long...

3. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

How helpful.

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Anytime pal... are you going to get the word "Pimp" embroidered on your lapel? 'Cause I think that would be real classy...

5. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

... No. Next!

6. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

Your sleeves are too long...

I'm confused - I don't see any pictures or measurements....

7. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Distinguished Member

Okay, so... that time has come again where I'm considering a suit. Once again, it'll be from Baron Boutique. Basically I'm getting a navy two button suit with a waistcoat, but it needs to stand well on its own being a two-piece suit. Here's the style guide from the website. I've talked about the other options specified below with Raj Bista over email before.

Jacket: Single breasted, 2 button normal fastening, AL-2 lining, regular buttons, double vent, type-1 piped pocket, upper welted pocket, ticket pocket, rounded bottom, notch lapel, lapel hole, rolled lapels, 4 button working sleeve, natural shoulder
    Trouser: Zip closure with no button tab, no pleat, 1/8 top pocket, one back pocket, plain waistband with side adjuster buckles, knee lining, no cuff
    Vest: Vest-3

Note that AL-2 is the number of an aqua blue acetate lining swatch he sent me. I'm also getting a more suppressed waist, higher armholes, and narrow lapels at 2.5-2.75". Anything you'd do differently, let me know. I'm 6'1, slender, and have a light complexion.

How's their workmanship? Do they do hand-stitching?

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I'm confused - I don't see any pictures or measurements....

Its just my standard response... I don't believe its been made yet.

[​IMG]

9. odoreater

odoreater Distinguished Member

Has or is the tailor going to measure you or are you planning on taking your own measurements and then sending them to him?

10. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

MilanoStyle: Workmanship is good. With floating canvas it is definitely the real thing and is hand stitched to the lapels. Shoulderpads are quality. Buttonholes are noticeably hand done. I've ordered from them before and found their workmanship overall pretty well done. They do some other little features like chest pleats in the jacket, five inner pockets, trouser hem has kick tape and the waistband a hidden change pocket. With the floating canvas spec horn buttons are standard, which was nice. Even the vest had canvassing.

odoreater: They already have my measurements on file which were done by someone I know and sent to them. They're based in Nepal, so getting them done by the tailor would be nice, but next to impossible for me.

11. whoopee

whoopee Distinguished Member

What do you mean by chest pleats?

12. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Those horizontal pleats inside the chest lining.

13. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Here's what I mean: [​IMG] I have other pictures of the construction available upon request for discernists...

14. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

15. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Distinguished Member

Looks good. I need to get one more suit for going out and stuff .. I might try these guys ..