• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Bespoke Jacket - Any Comments?

Grey Poupon

Reaction score
I like it but would be interested to hear any points for improvement from members.

I intend to have the sleeves loosened and the length increased just an inch or so.

004.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See if you can get rid of the divots.

Mike

Grey Poupon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
See if you can get rid of the divots.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Not quite certain what you mean by this. On the sleeves? If so, that's why I'm having them loosened up.

Grey Poupon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
looks pretty slick if anything i would narrow the sleeves a bit as they look full compared to the taperedness of the jacket body

Thanks. But the sleeves are far too tight as is - maybe its just the angle of the shot, but they're very narrow at current.

How do you feel about the length? I'm also tempted to take down the buttoning point about quarter of an inch.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something is funky with the waist on your right side. The indentations in your upper sleeve (i.e., "divots") need to be addressed, and that may or may not be corrected by "loosening" the sleeve. Breast pocket placement seems kind of high.

Edit: Buttoning point looks good as it appears to be at your natural waist. Plus, it would put the bottom button even lower than your pant waist line.

Grey Poupon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Something is funky with the waist on your right side. The indentations in your upper sleeve (i.e., "divots") need to be addressed, and that may or may not be corrected by "loosening" the sleeve. Breast pocket placement seems kind of high.

Edit: Buttoning point looks good as it appears to be at your natural waist. Plus, it would put the bottom button even lower than your pant waist line.

Thanks - I agree on the indentations, and the tailor is working to fix that. We suspect loosening the sleeve is the answer, but lets see.

The waist on the right is fine IRL - as you can imagine, sometimes the cloth doesn't behave well for a static shot. Interesting point on the patch pocket - I'll give it some thought.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mac
The shoulders are terrible. I have better fitting jackets OTR.

Pics or it ain't true.

Aside from the acknowledged problem with the upper-arm sleeves, what is so terrible about the shoulders? The shoulder lines themselves look good, although I do believe the overall look is diminished by the divoting of the sleeves, which should be addressed.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That is a very good sportcoat - nicely done.

I think the shoulders are fine and look good (not sure what the last poster found so objectionable). The sleeves definitely need to be let out more - thats causing all the rippling on your upper arm. The right waist really doesn't worry me.

Kinda undecided on the length, but in relation to your right hand, it does look short.

From the dart and shape of the patch pocket, I'm guessing this is an Italian coat?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads