• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Balance with jeans?

zw-gator

Reaction score
I have someone offering to sell me a pair of NB 574's. Now, I know they are "runners", but I think I've seen a few ppl around wearing them with jeans and from what I can remember, they didn't look that bad.

But now, I'm buying these blind online and wont get a chance to try them on with jeans.

I'm wondering what you think? Will I look to much like that guy who wears runners with jeans?

note: I'm an athletic guy

adam w.

Reaction score
574s in particular look great with jeans. Check out WAYWN, I'm pretty you can find some pictures of someone rocking 574s and jeans there.

Dangydang

Reaction score
I always wear my 1300s or bulkier 999s and 587s with jeans. I tend to wear my jeans on the slimmer side as well. Looks great, especially when they're a bit beat.

Go for it.

RobZ

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure jpgm wears NB with jeans...although I can't recall the exact model.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They can look good in a nice color, as long as the jeans aren't too tapered or flared at the hem and there isn't much stacking.

lifersfc

Reaction score
I wear the 574s in a light tan/grey with cuffed reg ralfs. Looks pretty good to me.

zw-gator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adam w.
574s in particular look great with jeans. Check out WAYWN, I'm pretty you can find some pictures of someone rocking 574s and jeans there.

I took a look in all 5? topics but couldn't find a pair. Mind you, I only looked in the first post of each. Do you have a link?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't worry. The 574s aren't "runners" anymore, instead just fashion/ retro casual shoes. Listed as "walking shoes" by NB itself, they'd work fine with jeans.

Sounds like you'd want some real shoes eventually though.
devil.gif

jeansandtshirt

Reaction score
I've got a really cheap pair of 554's that I wear now and again. Sometimes I just like to wear a shoe with a big N on the side lol.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love my new balances, but i hate 574's. try the american 999's or 1300's. those are pricier, but much much better constructed and less bulky than the 574

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
574s are sweet with some jeans man

they are just kinda thick for the summer. great winter shoes tho.

utjtl21

Reaction score
999's. I wish that NB still made the 999 model. I think that it is 992 now. The 999's were very plain, but they have gotten more gimmicky with the later models.

thepataphysician

Reaction score
stick with the more classic colors in suede. those black ones with the red green and yellow soles look awful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads