New Audi A7

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by henrikc, Aug 4, 2010.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

i dunno, feels too much like a merc or 5 series. much prefer the A5 or S5.
    Same here. I'm not a fan of the so called 4-door coupes by Audi, MB, VW, and others.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I like it - it's keeping very well with the design DNA of the A5 but with four doors for family use.

3. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

as much as i love audi's older body styles, the newer stuff doesn't hit me the same way (i guess the same could go for just about any other company, too)

BUT

for me, audi's styling is all about the interior and that interior shot is making my loins tremble.

4. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

The bootline which tails off quickly and a distinctive lip on the small third side window, are design cues referencing Audi’s 100 CoupÃ[​IMG] from the 1970s.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Hate all these new cars with side mirrors on the doors rather than the pillar.

6. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

Fapping, BRB.....

There's always one chubby chaser in the group...

7. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

8. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Not bad. I love Audis, and have had a bunch... A3, A4, S4, A5. I prefer smaller cars just for parking sake, but if I needed a big 4 door, this would be at the top of my list. I also love the A8, especially sitting inside, but it is a big fucking car.

9. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Not bad. I love Audis, and have had a bunch... A3, A4, S4, A5. I prefer smaller cars just for parking sake, but if I needed a big 4 door, this would be at the top of my list. I also love the A8, especially sitting inside, but it is a big fucking car.

I find audi's to be deceptively big (in a good way). we got a Q7 for the family and I looked at it as a small/mid size SUV. Everytime I drive it though, I find myself saying, "shit, this is a big car"

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^ every time i walk out of my car, I wonder how the hell i fit in it. it seems smaller than a golf.

the a8 on the other hand is like a 70s pontiac, it is seemingly endless in length. was parked next to one yesterday and it was like twice the size of my car.

11. A Y

A Y Senior member

People actually buy A8s? Are A8s even sold in Europe? Having a large car predicated upon performance seems contradictory.

I've never seen as many A8s as in Germany. They were everywhere. Not sure that Audi is predicated on performance but the point of these German cars, even the Bimmers, isn't performance. Performance is icing for some of them.

--Andre

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

and the counter would be this, the BMW Gran Coupe (which will be out as a 6-series, and knowing how closely BMW concepts tend to mirror the production versions, it will look just like this)

http://www.motorward.com/wp-content/...an-Coupe-1.jpg

I hate it when they call 4-doors a coupe. I don't think BMW should release a 6-series with 4 doors though.

As for the A7, reminds me too much of the X6 but in car version but I prefer the X6. I do not like hatch-like rear on it. I'd rather get an S5 easily or just get a Panamera.

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^your taste in sneakers makes your love of the x6 unsurprising. no offense. IMO, it's right up there with the panamera and aztec as the ugliest beasts on the road.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I didn't say I love the X6 or the Panamera, I just prefer them over the A7.

The S5 though, that's on my shortlist for a next car along with the Cayman S.

15. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

^ every time i walk out of my car, I wonder how the hell i fit in it. it seems smaller than a golf.

the a8 on the other hand is like a 70s pontiac, it is seemingly endless in length. was parked next to one yesterday and it was like twice the size of my car.

Which one did you get?