• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Audi A7

henrikc

Reaction score
941x540.jpg

So Audi finally showed us the new Audi A7 a couple of days ago, and I haven't seen any threads about this yet.

763x540.jpg

763x540.jpg

764x540.jpg

Seems to be the lovechild of an Audi A5 and A8, a sporty and large sedan.

What do you think of it?
Would you buy one?
Discuss!

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the rear fascia kind of reminds me of an Oldsmobile Alero for some reason.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now my old man is torn between an A5 and A6 for his next car, this seems like a nice combination of the two, sporty but roomy! I'm trying to find out a price on it, but I suspect it'll be closer to £50,000 than he's willing to go...

hannibal06

Reaction score
IMO it looks great! hope audi keeps up with the good work they've shown recently

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
Right now my old man is torn between an A5 and A6 for his next car, this seems like a nice combination of the two, sporty but roomy! I'm trying to find out a price on it, but I suspect it'll be closer to £50,000 than he's willing to go...

The new Audi A7 has two trim levels, SE and S line.

Launch engines and prices (SE trim level)
Engine.....................................Power......RRP inc VAT (20%)...\tRecommended OTR (VAT 20%)
2.8 FSI quattro\t........................204..........£44,150...................£45,210
3.0 TFSI quattro......................300...........£47,000...................£48,060
3.0 TDI Front-wheel drive........204..........£43,000...................£43,745
3.0 TDI quattro........................245..........£47,200...................£47,990

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't most of the Audi visual charm their lack of size? This is needlessly closer to being just another big American family sedan.

Not bad in its own right, but it's comparatively worse but more expensive than other Audis.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Isn't most of the Audi visual charm their lack of size? This is needlessly closer to being just another big American family sedan.

Not bad in its own right, but it's comparatively worse but more expensive than other Audis.

In what way? The A8 and A6 are both very popular and large (I see tens or maybe even hundreds of them a day, where I live), the Q7 is huge, and the R8 is not a small sports car. They're no bigger or smaller than anything MB or BMW puts out in the same segments.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
and the counter would be this, the BMW Gran Coupe (which will be out as a 6-series, and knowing how closely BMW concepts tend to mirror the production versions, it will look just like this)
BMW-Gran-Coupe-1.jpg

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
In what way? The A8 and A6 are both very popular and large (I see tens or maybe even hundreds of them a day, where I live), the Q7 is huge, and the R8 is not a small sports car. They're no bigger or smaller than anything MB or BMW puts out in the same segments.

People actually buy A8s? Are A8s even sold in Europe? Having a large car predicated upon performance seems contradictory.

Big Beamers and Benzes are similarly silly.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw several A7s during my recent trip to Germany. The car looks really good.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i dunno, feels too much like a merc or 5 series. much prefer the A5 or S5.

Originally Posted by edmorel
Fapping, BRB.....

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
The A8 and A6 are both very popular and large (I see tens or maybe even hundreds of them a day, where I live), the Q7 is huge, and the R8 is not a small sports car. They're no bigger or smaller than anything MB or BMW puts out in the same segments.
+1. The A8 is a huge car, and in fact, it's wider and maybe longer than both the long wheelbase MB and BMW. The aluminum frame keeps the weight down, but the car is huge. The Q7 is huge also.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i dunno, feels too much like a merc or 5 series. much prefer the A5 or S5.

I guess is has to do with me getting closer to old age, but I have been taking a shine to A8's, S500's etc in the last few months. I love the A8 and this seems like a slightly smaller, sleeker version.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the styling in the first pic, particularly the rear end, reminds me of the mb cls...isn't there a :vomit: smilie?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads