• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New at Jantzen - Irish Linen

kcheng

Reaction score
I guess they'd be good for casual shirts?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Where did you find this link?

These are quite a bit more expensive, HKD 500 versus HKD 300 for their regular shirts.

Would it be unusual to wear linen shirts in the fall?

Spencer Young

Reaction score
The link was randomly added to Jantzen's navbar at some point. I noticed it yesterday; not sure how long it's been there.

gza

Reaction score
Yeah, I found it on the Jantzen main page yesterday. I'm also curious about the price - maybe this linen isn't "leftovers" like his cotton fabrics.

I definitely plan on ordering one, but the weather will probably have cooled off enough by the time it comes that I'll be wearing mostly warmer fabrics.

bryce330

Reaction score
Awesome - I've been waiting for Ricky to put up some linen fabrics for a while. Those look like some great colors, especially the blues and greens - I think I'm going to order a few right now.

I have no problem wearing linen shirts in the fall or spring - sometimes even the winter - although I usually reserve linen pants for the summer.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this stuff is washable. I have a habit tossing my linen shirts in the washer and dry them in high heat to get them to shrink as most linen shirts are cut too large for my taste, then usually dry cleaned after that.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually sent him a request and maybe if someone else is interested for making custom pocket squares with this material.

SartorialSheepdog

Reaction score
I actually just got a black linen shirt from Jantzen. I intended it for casual wear and it is quite nice. Much thicker than the typical white linen shirts that I have, but of great quality, and furthermore custom fit.

seanandnik

Reaction score
I saw the linen fabric there also but there was no way to add it when listing all your shirt choices. i guess you could tell them what linen color you want in the comments or whatever the section where you can ad comments is called. also ever other shirt I have ordered from jantzen came within 2 to 2 1/2 weeks, i guess i am just lucky

water

Reaction score
What are the turnaround times these days when ordering a Jantzen shirt via the web?

Despite swearing months ago that I was finished with Jantzen, I gave in and placed an order. I took pictures and put all of my details/measurements in a pdf file which I e-mailed to Ricky on Friday. No word yet (which is fine, I am used to waiting a while for Ricky to respond and he is probably swamped as always).

Hanseat

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering to order a shirt in linen and was reminded of the fabulous open-collar Mr. Kabbaz once made in blue linen, I think. Anyone has a link to that picture so I can get something along these lines too? ---- EDIT: Found it:
Dcp_3851_ItalianCollarComposite01.jpg

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of 100% linen...if only he could get linen/cotton blends!

water

Reaction score
Anyone care to comment on the current turn-around time? I still have not received a confirmation receipt from Ricky, so I am guessing things have not chnaged all that much over the past six months...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads