• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Allen Edmunds Bel Air

FreedBird

Reaction score
Great shoe, the walnut leather has very deep character to it. I prefer the sleeker and less traditional look of the bel air, as opposed to the MacNeil, which seems clunky to me.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My point was not to make a direct comparison between the two, but to try to illustrate how the placement of the facings, the angle of the instep and the depth of the forefoot all contribute to a sense of balance, or lack of it, in a shoe.

tlmusic

Reaction score
...just happened to see a pair of Allen Edmonds Bel Air at Von Maur a few minutes ago. They stood out in the display. Compared to the rubber sole tassel loafers and some of AE's more unusual shoes (like the Weybridge and Winhall), they looked rather attractive.

Swan Song

Reaction score
these are showing up at Nordstrom Rack, now

I bought the Walnut Calf, 9.5D for $99 today.

mystillwater

Reaction score
my Bel Air's:

IMG_6233.jpg

i also have them in black.

Style Pontifex

Reaction score
I've received so many compliments on my walnut bel airs that I've stopped keeping count. They're a beautiful shoe, and well-constructed.

bafield

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Style Pontifex
I've received so many compliments on my walnut bel airs that I've stopped keeping count. They're a beautiful shoe, and well-constructed.

I just finished cleaning my walnut Bel Air's...sooooo nice!

bafield

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Swan Song
these are showing up at Nordstrom Rack, now

I bought the Walnut Calf, 9.5D for $99 today.

Good catch for $99!

Swan Song

Reaction score
What do you use to condition and polish these Wanut colored shoes?

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mystillwater
my Bel Air's:

IMG_6233.jpg

i also have them in black.

That is the first pic I have seen of Bel Air's in action. They look great and I like your socks.
Thank you for sharing.
Congratulations to all of the Bel Air Club members. I also have a pair in walnut and enjoy them and the compliments I receive.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of the walnut caff myself for 150 from the Rack and I'm quite happy.

jays978

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RichmondStyle
I'm still in the very beginning stages of seriously upgrading my footwear. I'm on the verge of hopefully making partner at my firm and have just recently realized that my Bostonian/Johnston & Murphy footwear is really not doing it for me. Let's not even get started with the Brooks Brothers Outlet suits I've been getting along with so far. Anyway, I've started with a pair of black Allen & Edmunds Park Avenues and they look quite nice (though I've just learned on this forum that I'm not taking care of them like I should). I need a pair of brown shoes now that I can rotate with my black Park Avenues, and really like these:
4900.jpg
Also, I just noticed that Allen Edmunds has a new line of shoes made in Italy called their "Seven" line. They really look outstanding, but they're also a bit pricier and I've not heard anybody talk about them. http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/w...0001&langId=-1

I just purchased the Bel Airs in both Black and Walnut Calf. They are great shoes with elongated toes. But I think that, in the future for me, I want to purchase wingtips with a different last. They are slightly boxy in person. I would be more than happy to snap a few pictures for you if you'd like. Take a look at these. They have the Executive Last-2. I own the Van Ness and I think that they are the best looking and fitting shoes by AE. My only complaint would be the rubber sole, which can cheapen the look a bit IMHO. Do consider going with a wider width if you have wide feet as they are a bit narrow. All the best with making partner! =)
2612.jpg
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=120552
4002.jpg
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=120552

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Strand model is more attractive to my eye. It is also available in walnut and is very attractive in that color.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Here is that Fedora Lounge link I mentioned earlier.

Allen Edmonds persists in producing ugly shoes.
Compare with slightly higher priced, including Alden,
C&J, Church, Weston, Ludwig Reiter and many Italian
brands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads