1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(New) Allen Edmonds "Shaker Heights" Boots. 14 3E

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by tonylamer, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonylamer

tonylamer Well-Known Member

Allen Edmonds "Shaker Heights" tweed-and-leather boots. These are new (outsoles and heels and uppers show no wear), but they do have a defect--they're seconds: there's a crack in the leather along the back strap of one of the boots. It's about 0.5"-0.6" long, and I've taken a picture. You might wear the boot with the crack, or have it patched by your cobbler. It's certainly a defect, though, and I figure that's worth $200+ off of the retail price.

The boots are a dark brown calf with partial tweed uppers. I've polished the calf with cream polish, revealing one of the poorly planned realities of these boots: when you polish them and then brush them, you'll inevitably get some polish on the tweed. I've done that to a small degree and tried to clean it off, so the tweed is also not pristine.

The boots are leather-lined with leather insoles. They're fully welted, and feature partial rubber or nylon outsoles.

The boots are tagged a 14 3E, which is a 14 Wide. However they only measure about 14" x 4.4" on the outsoles.

Priority Shipping is FREE in the United States and Canada.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.