• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Allen Edmonds Norwich - Squeeking on my first wear?

knezz

Reaction score
Greetings,

This is the first wear of my Allen Edmonds Norwich – single monks. The shoes seem to fit me well. They squeak loudly as I take steps. They are squeaking the tongue meets the under-leather of the monk strap. I determined this by un-buckling the monk and no squeaks.

Is there any treatment to the leather that can be performed ***without discoloring the leather***?

Last edited:

ESmooth

Reaction score
Did you apply polish all the way up the tongue? I've found that after conditioning mine, I don't use any wax/polish in that are and I don't get squeaking.

knezz

Reaction score

Did you apply polish all the way up the tongue?  I've found that after conditioning mine, I don't use any wax/polish in that are and I don't get squeaking.  

I did apply polish there. I will try removing. Thanks.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try a few applications of the AE conditioner. I had the same problem with my Bayfields but after a few applications of conditioner and a few wearings the problem went away.
Fred

knezz

Reaction score
Saphir Renovateur good enough?

knezz

Reaction score
BTW .. They stopped squeeking after the 2nd wear. I did nothing to make them stop. Probably the polish I applied wore off.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.