• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aldridge Tailored J-Crew Suits

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1

"looks" like a nice suit. I'd like some addl. info if anyone's an owner.

kaw3675

Reaction score
I agree, I'd definitely like to hear from someone who owns one.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks nice, but all catalog pictures do...

i have tried their cashmere blazer, but the quality of the fabric is certainly not up to par.

not all jcrew stores carry this i think.

still waiting for their sale...

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're in my local store. It's a decent suit. English woven fabric but made in Mexico. I would put it on par with Hugo Boss in quality, but it comes with finished hems. It's definitely nicer than Banana Republic suits though.

kaw3675

Reaction score
Cool. I wasn't too much concerned with it being the upmost quality, and hugo seems to be a very decent quality. Was wondering about a medium quality, well tailored suit, for a decent price. So is it a true slim fit, or just looks that way on the model? haha

heard546

Reaction score
There is a nice article about this suit line and the new store in this months issue of Men's Best Life magazine with Anderson Cooper on the cover.

-tony

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J. Crew slim fit isn't as slim as, say, H&M. It is, however, much more European in cut then past suits or sport coats. It's not a sack either.

If you're familiar with the recent cut's of J. Crew's clothing, you'll get the idea.

I do have to say that the mainline slim cut button-down shirts have me a bit disappointed. They have the fit and finish of A&F for 20'somethings, which is the reason for the "higher" lines... back to basics in a way.

Also, has anyone else noticed how tiny the men's section has gotten at J. Crew?

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
Also, has anyone else noticed how tiny the men's section has gotten at J. Crew?

The f***ing J. Crew at South Coast Plaza is all women's clothing.
plain.gif

Kei-bon

Reaction score
San Diego Fashion Valley has a men's section. Don't know if they carry these suits tho'.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
plain.gif

Go to the Brea mall, they have a very decent men's section.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
plain.gif

The one in Pentagon City used to be 1/3 of the store up to a few months ago, now it's a little larger than a corner that it shares with the clearance stuff.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An updated silhouette"”trim and tailored"”in very refined wool flannel from Italy. Doubles as the ultimate sport jacket with a great pair of jeans. Felt under collar. Three button that rolls into two button. Pickstitching details. Chest pocket, flap pockets. Interior pockets. Nonfunctional buttons at cuffs. Interior ID label. Center back vent.Full Bemberg lining in navy with medallion foulards at interior back neck and pockets.Import. Dry clean.

I don't see the point.

devil.gif
deadhorse-a.gif
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads