• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Never patronized fast-food establishments

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheIdler
Sbarro pisses me off-- Sbarro does absolutely nothing right, and by now I've tried everything. I'm done.

And of course, Chuck E. Cheese. Went there once for some friend's kid's party and will never go again. It is like all nine circles of Hell at once.

can you tell me how sbarro screws it up? i like sbarro but i think i know what you mean.

that is funny about chuck e cheese. that place is like hell, im surprised no kid drops in a seizure there with all the sensory stimuli going off all at once and all the dirt, crap and fingerprints everwhere. that place is unsanitary.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Chik-Fil-A or any other chicken fast food (other than KFC/EPL)

Brian, weinerschnitzel is great, but the problem is I can eat like 2 corndogs, 2 chili dogs, chili burger, chili fries, and an order of the mini corn dogs in one sitting and not break a sweat, so it adds up to an expensive meal that is worth about 10,000 calories

and Taco Bell. Del Taco is 1000x better

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Chik-Fil-A or any other chicken fast food (other than KFC/EPL)

Brian, weinerschnitzel is great, but the problem is I can eat like 2 corndogs, 2 chili dogs, chili burger, chili fries, and an order of the mini corn dogs in one sitting and not break a sweat, so it adds up to an expensive meal that is worth about 10,000 calories

and Taco Bell. Del Taco is 1000x better

dont go to dell taco. they dont wash their hands there. or at least the last one i went to. i saw one guy come out of a restroom, pulling up his waistband and go straight to touching lettuce and cheese. sick.

also, i never will go to a papa johns again. they install hand sanitizer lotion dispensers next to the cash register.
why?
so that when the phone order guy is done with the phones and handling cash, he goes straight to rubbing some lotion on his hand and straight to touching the dough and ingredients.

i saw they did that to my order and i had a fit.

what you think that a simple rub of hand sanitizer lotion will make the grime and crud on your hands disappear??
it just gets slapped right into the dough when they slap it and makes the pizza smell like aloe vera.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
dont go to dell taco. they dont wash their hands there.

I'm sure you'd never go back to McDs if I told you what went on in the kitchen. Or Carl's if I told you what my friend used to do in the kitchen. Or Burger King if I told you what my other friend did in the kitchen. Or Pizza Hut if my other other friend told you what he did in the kitchen.

you get the point. it's best not to dwell on something you may have seen because you've probably eaten something far worse

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
I'm sure you'd never go back to McDs if I told you what went on in the kitchen. Or Carl's if I told you what my friend used to do in the kitchen. Or Burger King if I told you what my other friend did in the kitchen. Or Pizza Hut if my other other friend told you what he did in the kitchen.

you get the point. it's best not to dwell on something you may have seen because you've probably eaten something far worse

Jason please tell us/me. I rather here it now and not go back. you will be doing me a favor as i am sort of a captive of these places these days for some damned reason.

if something can startle me enough i may be able to get back on track with my healthy diet.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Among the shenanigans when I worked at McDs in the late 80s (this was back when fast food was employed by student types, not mexicans. it's probably safer now with the mexicans since they might actually care about keeping their jobs and not do stupid ****)

-guying peeing into the big bucket that the pickles are kept in
-burger patties dropped on the floor then put back on the grill
-guys take out trash then go right away to making your burger, no washing hands in between
-massive amounts of spit into burgers
-guy picking his nose for burger toppings

you get the drift. pretty much the same everywhere, it's like a rite of passage if you work fast food

one of my friends who used to work at Pizza Slut said everyone "gleeked" onto pizza, that's where you spray a fine mist of saliva where it doesnt look like you spat onto it but you did

pruppert

Reaction score
Fact: The only time you eat at Taco Bell is when you've forgotten when the last time you had Taco Bell was.

Culver's do dip their buns in melted butter prior to serving. And butter-burgers in WI get a whole lot buttery than theirs.

I don't really frequent any fast food. It's too hard if you want to avoid meat.

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can you tell me how sbarro screws it up? i like sbarro but i think i know what you mean.

If you like it, you can just ignore me; I just mean that it looks like Italian food but is inevitably (for me) hugely disappointing. Their dough, the tomato sauce, the pizza toppings (stay away from the pineapple slices)--they all taste horrible and generally cause me gastric distress. But it's often the best-looking option in the MallFoodCourt, so I keep getting tempted to try it again and again. It's like *********** ex. No more! I promise! Probably!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheIdler
If you like it, you can just ignore me; I just mean that it looks like Italian food but is inevitably (for me) hugely disappointing. Their dough, the tomato sauce, the pizza toppings (stay away from the pineapple slices)--they all taste horrible and generally cause me gastric distress. But it's often the best-looking option in the MallFoodCourt, so I keep getting tempted to try it again and again. It's like *********** ex. No more! I promise! Probably!

i knew exactly what you mean.
i do love the look of their food but it sure does taste contrary to its look for sure.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Among the shenanigans when I worked at McDs in the late 80s (this was back when fast food was employed by student types, not mexicans. it's probably safer now with the mexicans since they might actually care about keeping their jobs and not do stupid ****)

-guys take out trash then go right away to making your burger, no washing hands in between

you get the drift. pretty much the same everywhere, it's like a rite of passage if you work fast food

one of my friends who used to work at Pizza Slut said everyone "gleeked" onto pizza, that's where you spray a fine mist of saliva where it doesnt look like you spat onto it but you did

why would anybody do this kind of stuff? i understand the dropping patties and putting back on grill or taking out trash and making burgers,
but why would anybody maliciously try to hurt the innocent children who eat all this stuff?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It happens but it is not as common as some people make it sound. Maybe it happens once a day. By Food Inspection standards that is absolutely unacceptable, but a McDs might serve 7,000 food items a day and one has been spat in or dropped.

I worked in restaurants and cafeteria dining, I can tell you that the stereotypical tampering, i.e. boogers, dropping food and still serving it, or even the king of all "***** ranch dressing", I never saw. I heard of spit in the pasta once. There is a reason why it doesn't happen that often, because it takes more work to ruin your food than to just follow the instructions. And people working for minimum wage don't like to do extra work.

More frequently, it is a problem of convenience. One glaring example I can remember is as follows:

There is a "fruit punch" machine where the punch is made from concentrate. At the end of the day, it is mixed and prepared for the next day. You dump the concentrate into the tank and fill it with water, and stir it with a large ladle or spoon. This happens every single day. One day, the guy dumped the mix in, and got ready the mix it, but he dropped the spoon on the ground. He looked around, the nearest clean spoon was 30 yards away, he was tired, it was the end of the day. He did not want to use the dirty spoon. He stuck his arm in there and gave it a good whirl to get it mixed.

Is that gross? Yes. Should he get fired for it? Probably. Is it that much different than Morimoto making you a Toro roll with his bare hands 30 minutes after he ass-finger-banged a $400 hooker? Well...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Somebody told me about this cop who frequented this local burger chain here and expects to get a free burger every time. What he didn't know is the crew happily obliges and adds a healthy dose of dirt from the soles of their shoes they shake off on top of his burger.

SenorMatador

Reaction score
Can't stand McD's, but a quick digression.

For some unknown reason, when I'm pleasantly inebriated I throw all common sense out the window and have the most amazing craving for 2 Fillet o'Fish sandwiches, an order of fries and a McShake (it's Mc-something right?). It's kinda like a drunk routine, except a really unhealthy one, and definitely one I will regret in the morning ((Natty Light x 7-10)+McD's= Abomination from Hell)

This only happens at school, thank god.

Must be the constant glow of the golden arches and the "OPEN 24/7" sign that attracts me the most. Kinda like flies to the cool blue light zapper things.

But then one night... one McSmartAss informed me they stop serving McShakes after 11 pm... all hell broke loose. Still have not been the same.
frown.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
why would anybody do this kind of stuff? i understand the dropping patties and putting back on grill or taking out trash and making burgers,
but why would anybody maliciously try to hurt the innocent children who eat all this stuff?

aside from the peeing in the pickle bucket which affects everyone....

most of the other gross stuff is aimed at certain customers. For example, there was a pain ********** customer that always ordered their burger made a special way and the person wasnt particularly nice so if a certain person was on the grill that day he'd make the burger "special"

you're right, the typical customer wont get a booger burger. So just order your food like a normal person and dont be a dick, all should be well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads