1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nevada Calf?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Skanstull, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Skanstull

Skanstull Well-Known Member

Some Church's use what they call Nevada Calf. What is that? Anyone?

Thanks!

2. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Wonder if it is the same cow that produces the wonderful $3.99 prime rib in Reno.

3. kev777

kev777 Distinguished Member

Sorry to raise this question again but does anyone actually know what "Nevada Calf" by Church's is ?? I have a pair of their brogues in this calf and was just wondering if any of our experts know ? And they also call one of their leathers as "Appaloosa Calf????" too any ideas ?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

4. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I think Church’s “Masterclass” range of some fifteen years ago was in ‘Nevada-Calf’. If ‘Nevada’ is the leather I think it is, then it is a very slightly embossed calf with the look of a very fine craquelure across the leather.

Appaloosa-Calf is a calf leather, made to look like shell cordovan (at least when new). Hence the reference to a horse breed (C&J calls it ’Cavalry-Calf).

5. kev777

kev777 Distinguished Member

You never fail to impress Bengal , i have a pair of Church Kelso II's in Appaloosa Calf just wondered what it was.

6. ciny

ciny Active Member

I was wondering this myself, and in my search for the answer i stumbled uppon this thread. So here is what i found out, for others who are looking for the answer.

Nevada calf is full grain cow leather, premium grade, Nevada is the brand name given by the tannery.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016