• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Netflix instant movie suggestions

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anything like the novel?

Have not read it, but my understanding is...sort of?

I'm not done watching the second season which only recently came out, so I am scared to google for fear of spoilers...but my understanding is that it does not rigidly adhere to the novel, but uses much of its world building while both streamlining some book characters/plots and creating a setting in which the show can extend beyond the boundaries of the book in additional seasons.

So similar concept/feel and maybe early plot points--but diverges from the book over time.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have not read it, but my understanding is...sort of?

I'm not done watching the second season which only recently came out, so I am scared to google for fear of spoilers...but my understanding is that it does not rigidly adhere to the novel, but uses much of its world building while both streamlining some book characters/plots and creating a setting in which the show can extend beyond the boundaries of the book in additional seasons.

So similar concept/feel and maybe early plot points--but diverges from the book over time.

Ah- that's probably a good thing. The book's pretty boring.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, Nazi New York has sweet furniture and design objects (except for the hitler portraits).

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ah- that's probably a good thing. The book's pretty boring.

Funny you should mention it... There is an Aryan looking motherfucker sitting next to me on the train reading it right now. Looks like someone who would read a boring book.

He is potentially wearing makeup too though...Nazis probably wouldn't like that.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I thought this was pretty good.

Somewhat of a spoiler below.

The scene at the dinner table in the last...or second to last episode is classic!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This was so-so. I like A Friel fan so that is what made me watch. I just can't used to British detectives rushing into harrowing scenes unarmed....alone.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched the first of the Dave Chappelle Netflix specials. Kinda sux. 2 of 5 stars.
He redeemed himself with a Kevin Hart skit at the end. Will watch the second episode later.

I guess Dave don't care. He got his Netflix $$!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched that last night. I agree he was not at his best. I found myself laughing because I wanted him to be funnier than he was. I would give it more of a 3.5/5. Not bad but no where near his best. I gave an extra .5 for all the talent in the first couple of rows.

Last edited:

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watched season one in a marathon last nite (Old lady's out of town) had it's moments,quirky and violent

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw that a few weeks back. Yeah it was pretty good. Unfortunately I got drunk while plowing through it so don't recall how it ends exactly but not sure where they plan to go for season 2.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw that a few weeks back. Yeah it was pretty good. Unfortunately I got drunk while plowing through it so don't recall how it ends exactly but not sure where they plan to go for season 2.
Heros survive(barely) everyone else dies violently

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Caught this last night. Interesting docu about the founder/family of Nathan's Famous hot dogs fame/fortune out of Coney Island, Brooklyn NY. Written, directed, narrated by Nathan's grandson with some cool footage and interviews.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.