1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix instant movie suggestions

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by abeezy21, Dec 22, 2010.

1. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

Watched all of Larry Sanders Show recently and really enjoyed it.

2. javyn

javyn Senior member

Ya Rip Torn is a riot in it

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

(Don't ask why)

I watched New Year's Eve last night. SUX!
    That aside....Sofia Vergara has got to be the worst actress of all time. I mean, how long is she gonna milk that ditzy-latin-woman role? Every now and then, tell your agent to look into some serious roles....And she isn't even that good looking anymore....

4. javyn

javyn Senior member

Been watching the standup/interview/whatever vids with Kevin Smith on Nflix, surprisingly entertaining. I'm more entertained by his stories than his films, go figure.

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Watching The Fall of Fujimore. Very interesting. Seemingly good man devolves into a violent dictator. Film is made and consists of very candid interview of him, some contempories (journalists, etc.), and some video footage from the period (late 80s early 90s)

6. gort

gort Senior member

Watching Dorian Gray.

7. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Will watch this today.

8. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

I watched "God Bless America" yesterday and thought it was pretty hilariou, but a little distasteful in light of the recent mass shootings. The social commentary on the sad state of American culture was fantastic. I watched the film with my parents and I'm pretty sure they think I'm a sociopath now, but I really did find myself agreeing with a lot with the message of the movie.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  9. ruzzi

ruzzi Senior member

I think a lot of first run of ESPN 30 for 30 movies are now on netflix ie Reggie Miller vs New York Knicks, Birth of Big Air, Len Bias Doco, The U, Escobars, blah blah blah

1 person likes this.
  10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Netflix have a host of animated Marvel & DC movies currently up. Great time to catch up:

Justice League Doom
    Batman Under the Red Hood
    Batman Year One
    All-Star Superman
    Superman vs. The Elite
    Hulk v. Thor & Wolverine
    Planet Hulk
    Ultimate Avengers 2
    Dr. Strange
    Invincible Iron Man
    Iron Man: Extremis
    Black Panther
    Astonishing X-Men
    Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers

There's been a few others. Overall, most are decent enough and hold more true to the characters than many of their live-action incarnations.

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Spiral - French TV show
    Becket

12. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Why did this threak die? :(

Watching "Fringe," which began airing on FOX in 2008. The first few episodes were great, very "X-Files"-esque.

13. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

Fringe was great. It lost some momentum in season 3 or so (i think...i watched it in real time and don't really remember where it got squirrelly) but they rebounded and tied it up nicely. It's worth watching it the whole way through for John Noble's performance alone. He owns Walter Bishop.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  14. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Ha, roomates been watching Fringe nonestop. I find Jackson's acting weak, like all whiney and the character/father dynamic is sooo predictable. Skeptical son, unsure but secretly brilliant father, and sexy tough girl cop, throw in some big brother conspiracy and stir.... Noble's acting is good, i'll give it that, and i kindof like the alien guys. Have to assume the show goes somewhere but as for season 1(?) seemed so boring, like shitty version Xfiles or something. Mysterious thing threatening to destroy life as we know it unless obscure factoid from the scientist suddenly saves the day. eh, pass.

I've only caught a couple of Dexter episodes but considering sitting down for a full marathon and working through the series, that and Breaking Bad. Very tempted to do the whole thing with BB, now there's a show.

Was pissed I missed the second season of Bob's Burgers. Totally quirky cartoon but I really liked it. Went away for a few weeks and came back and it was gone(?)

actually also been enjoying a few of those TED talk compilations

15. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

anyone seen Orange is the new Black? caught some glimpses as roomie was watching and looks pretty good. Dramatic.

16. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

The Fall with Gillian Anderson is very good.

17. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

In addition to many of the previous suggestions:

Season 1 of Longmire
    9th Company
    Branded

18. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

It's great, loved it.

19. gort

gort Senior member

Fringe FTW. :slayer:

I would very much like a root beer float.

20. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is surprisingly good and managed to sustain the high quality over many seasons. Not surprising since Joss Whedon knows how to write dialog and develop interesting, but light, characters.