• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nespresso Club

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are radically changing the pods! No more "Pure Origin" series (Dulsao, Bukeela etc etc) in favor of the "Master Origin" lines which, on first glance to me, appear to be philosophically the same. However a few new countries are being thrown in the mix so who knows...

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My Miele built-in finally kicked the bucket so I bought a Citiz w/aeroccino. May have made a mistake.

I liked that the miele would make a great hot (I had my guy tweak the heater) 6oz coffee as well as espresso, but this new machine is making tepid watery shots at best. I've run a dozen capsules through it and they're all pretty much the same.

I have no idea how the aeroccino works as there were no instructions other than "fill to this line or that one." As near as I can tell, you can make warm flat milk or cold weak foam.

Is there a better counter-top Nespresso machine out there?

lefty

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You may have gotten a dud. I have a Citiz and it cranks out water that's plenty hot.

The Aerccino is extremely inconsistent. It's maybe 1/4 at producing nicely frothed milk. Mine is usually more like steamed milk with a foam layer on top most of the time.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oy. I hate having to return and buy another. Will test further.

As much as I made fun of that ridiculous $2500 nespresso machine, it made great coffee.

lefty

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oy. I hate having to return and buy another. Will test further.

As much as I made fun of that ridiculous $2500 nespresso machine, it made great coffee.

lefty
I can't comment on the aeroccino since ours is a dairy-free house and I have no interest in that coconut/soy/almond stuff we have instead. I do think you may have a dud as my countertop models (I have had two, including the current citiz) have always delivered hot espresso. To make sure we don't have different expectations, maybe go into a Nespresso store anf have them make you a demo cup.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do that often but will double check. To be fair I had the Miele cranked up to max so it might not be the best comparison. The repair guy showed me a series of maintenance-only codes which allowed for an extra 5 degrees. It was great while it lasted.

Do you guys pre-heat your cups and machine? If you want an Americano do you run a no capsule lungo rinse or heat the water in a microwave?

All the online aeroccino vids show a good amount of foam. Not mine.

Now onto my two broken SZ wine fridges. I miss growing up the grandson of Ukrainian peasants whose basement root cellar kept everything at the perfect temperature and humidity.

lefty

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
preheating works for the most part and I would if I cared. Once in a while, I do, but it is not that important to me. Also, my main glass is this, which is functionally a thermos and doesn't really lose heat to, or through, the wall like clay. No need for a handle, as outside wall stays cool. It is also nice to be able to see the layers form. There is a cool cascading that you can only see from the side. In fact, I think I will get some Lungo sized if they have. If you are interested, search for bodum double walled glass.
b_4557_10_b_1.jpg

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Measured coffee temp today after running three water-only cycles - 150.

This test shows temp of 170.

Back to store.

lefty

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
preheating works for the most part and I would if I cared. Once in a while, I do, but it is not that important to me. Also, my main glass is this, which is functionally a thermos and doesn't really lose heat to, or through, the wall like clay. No need for a handle, either as outside wall stays cool. It is also nice to be able to see the layers form. There is a cool cascading that you can only see from the side. In fact, I think I will get some Lungo sized if they have. If you are interested, search for bodum double walled glass.

Those things are great. I have some that are mug sized as well. They are a little delicate though, pretty much have to assume they're going to shatter on you at some point.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@lefty i have the citiz with milk frothed. If I use a clay cup then everything comes out drinkable as in not too hot but def not plain warm. If I use a thermos like cup (not sure how to describe) the drink ends up hot and needs to cool off before I can drink it.

Your machine is having some issues call they support line and explain they are pretty cool about shipping you a loner and/or a replacement.

A few years ago (2016) my machine started to have issues, I think there was some leakage or something with extra water running after I took out the capsule. Long story short they replaced the whole machine and gave me a brand new one. The new machine even came with sample pods inside of the box.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads