1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nespresso Club

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by johnapril, Dec 5, 2010.

1. b1os

b1os Senior member

Instead of the Krups Inissia for 49 €, I got myself the DeLonghi Pixie with an Aeroccino for 99 €. Gonna sell the Aeroccino for ~50 €, so I'm left with the Pixie for ~50-60 € plus 50 € of Nespresso credit. The slight premium in price for the Pixie is worth it imo for the nicer finish (LEDs, metal grid, clear plastic parts, much better overall look).

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

The Trieste as a ristretto :wow: :colgate: :cool:

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

4. the dane

the dane Member

Whats the difference between uht powder milk and coffee whitener? Reason i ask, i like A little milk in my coffee but find with nespresso it cools the coffee very fast!
    Thanks

5. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

anyone try the two new lines?

6. patrickBOOTH

The people who loved the Malabar just so you know it is part of the blend in the new Fortissio Lungo.

1 person likes this.
  7. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

Has anyone tried the new limited time coffees? "Milano" and "Palermo", I believe.

8. b1os

b1os Senior member

So far, I enjoy them. The Palermo is a bit more roasted, the Milano a bit brighter. I suck at describing coffee though. Just try them both. Robusta content is fine but borderline, imo. Far more balanced than Khazaar.

The new Fortissio Lungo is nice. The fake crema is too much though. Like twice as much than before.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  9. patrickBOOTH

There is no fake crema with nespresso.

10. b1os

b1os Senior member

Well, whatever you wanna call the foam. It's not fake crema as you get from a Bialetti Brikka but it doesn't have the flavor (i.e. mostly bitterness) of "regular" crema either, which is why I called it "fake crema" anyway. Whatever the case, it's a bit too much with the new Fortissio Lungo, imo. Like 5-7 mm of it even though there's no robusta in it.

I've been drinking mostly Palermo americanos the past few days. I'm curious what you think of the Milano and Palermo, PB.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  11. patrickBOOTH

I think you're just used to modern (shitty) espressos.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  12. b1os

b1os Senior member

:slapfight:

I'm just taking the piss cause I know you like getting riled up over coffee with me. Yeah, the crema is close to or exactly the real thing (also flavor-wise) and no, it's not 5-7 mm, but for a non-robusta coffee it's a tad too much for my liking and I think it was less before. Personal preference.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  13. patrickBOOTH

14. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

15. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I descaled the machine last night. I ran 3-4 containers of water through the rinse. Still get a lemony soapy aftertaste. :fu:

16. patrickBOOTH

After 50 tanks of water it will still have the taste in it. I am considering getting a new machine every time it is time to descale.

17. 1up

1up Senior member

Is the inissia a good intro model?

18. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

My machine seems to be on its last legs. Furst cup is always lukewarm. After wasting a lot of capsules, I finally learned to run a blank or old capsule first before trying to make something to drink. That works fine for now, but I am concerned that eventually the second cup will also be room temperature.
    Has anyone experienced this before? Is it a recognizable fix or should I just leave it be and replace it when it stops working for real.

19. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

The temperature has always been a complaint with Nespresso machines as far as I remember.

20. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I always run one cup without a capsule after the light stops blinking. Then I make my double Nespresso. Then I run a double cup without a capsule to clear the machine. Seems to work for me.