• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nespresso Club

dufferin1

Reaction score
I've been a long time Nespresso user (my two Le Cube's, home and office http://www.nespresso.com/cube/) both continue to run great. Arpeggio is my go to. Use both the Arpeggio and Ristretto for my lungos when necessary. Anyhow, I was at the downtown boutique (YVR) on the weekend refilling and the gent behind the bar told me there will be a new dark released at the end of the month. Wouldn't tell me anything (top secret) apparently
rolleyes.gif
. Also said Nespresso was in the midst of "changing a lot of their current coffees"... whatever that meant. There is hope.
Never knew about Le Cube. What a clever machine. Love the cup warmers and folding/tilting water reservoir. What did they retail for? Found a couple on eBay for $400

Allez Allez

Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been covered, but I would like to say for the record that the hazelnut variation is a disgrace.

Batistuta

Reaction score

Never knew about Le Cube. What a clever machine. Love the cup warmers and folding/tilting water reservoir. What did they retail for? Found a couple on eBay for $400

$400 is silly. The Le Cubes were the go to machine with the draw bridge at the time... I say about 4-5 years ago. I believe there were two versions, one with cup warmer and one without. I have both. I picked up the titanium cup warmer one off ebay for $250 and the Le Cube without the warmers, I picked up during a friends and family online sale for under $200 in white. I don't recall them ever being over $300...

Batistuta

Reaction score
Also, I have never descaled my machines. My bro, who's a Chem Prof up here says with our water it wasn't necessary. He also has the Le Cube from back then.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I finally got around to calling Nespresso to discuss the weirdness of my machine. They are sending me a loaner machine and either fixing or replacing mine despite it being out of warranty. That's insane customer servie right there. :slayer:

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The two new Italian capsules are on the website. Should be here by Wednesday morning.

Batistuta

Reaction score

The two new Italian capsules are on the website. Should be here by Wednesday morning.

Nice. Seems the Trieste hits a 9, while the Napoli sits at 10. Just ordered both... looking forward to something new and hopefully better.

Last edited:

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pro tip: multiply the per-capsule price by 100 to get the equivalent price in $/lbs. $0.75/capsule works out to $75/pound. You're welcome.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The regular capsules are still $.60, the Pure Origins are still $.65, and the two new capsules are $.70 in the US.

Until April 23, when the regular capsules go to $0.65 and the Pure Origins go to $0.67. I think that's what Rambo was referring to.

Batistuta

Reaction score

Pro tip: multiply the per-capsule price by 100 to get the equivalent price in $/lbs. $0.75/capsule works out to $75/pound. You're welcome.

Why you gotta be like dat?

The regular capsules are still $.60, the Pure Origins are still $.65, and the two new capsules are $.70 in the US.

Yes. My pics are from the Canadian site and yes, the "limited editions" are always the most expensive, although it's crap that we're paying 5 cents more per capsule.

dufferin1

Reaction score
Nice. Seems the Trieste hits a 9, while the Napoli sits at 10. Just ordered both... looking forward to something new and hopefully better.

Can anyone confirm if they are available in Canadian boutiques? Might head down to The Bay later.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey. Stop it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads