1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nespresso Club

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by johnapril, Dec 5, 2010.

1. b1os

b1os Senior member

Lungos can't work with 5g coffee.

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

the green isnt bad, i just run the arpeggio as a lungo, tastes good :)

3. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

I believe the machine I have counts actual uses instead of simply a set time (i.e. after X uses, it gives the descaling warning).

Nestle mailed out free descaling kits last year. But you don't really need anything fancy, I believe that diluted vinegar works. Instructions for descaling should be in your machine's manual.

4. b1os

b1os Senior member

Yeah, I hope you've read my post. Whether it's uses or months, it's still arbitrary.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  5. PaisleySnail

PaisleySnail Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think the green and yellow are quite nice, but I agree that the blue one is gross. It does seem to work pretty well in a latte however.

6. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

Nespresso machines 20% off at Sur La Table (at least my local one) until Sunday.

7. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i have citiz, love it

9. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

I love the Citiz so far, but if I could do it over, I'd probably go for the Lattissima. Frothed milk isn't really bad, but it isn't steamed milk like you get with the Lattissima- there's also the convenience of being able to detach the milk container and throw it in the fridge versus having to constantly clean out the milk container with the Citiz.

10. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

I have the Lattissima, great machine. However, do not put the entire milk container in the fridge. Only the plastic 'cup' with some plastic wrap over it. Do not put the black top with the wand in the fridge as well.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  11. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

12. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

+1
    Looks good, fast, and the frothed milk is great in my opinion.

13. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

went with the lattissima in red. they only had one left at sur la table and it looked opened already so i just ordered it online (free shipping). they have a really liberal return policy (kind of nordstromesque) so if I'm not really using the milk steamer that much, I might just switch out for a CitiZ+milk...but probably not, I'm lazy to do that kind of stuff and will probably just roll with the lattes. :foo:

14. goterps

goterps New Member

I make lattes most of the time, so the Lattissima is better if that's what you do. When I bought there was only the citiz + frother available with the discount. On the plus side, I use it to froth the W&S peppermint hot chocolate, don't do if I'm damaging the aeroccino though.
    See above...not having to clean out the frother constantly is a huge plus if all you make are lattes.

15. ama

ama Senior member

Anyone have a line from a boutique or otherwise on more coconut capsules? I really liked that flavor this year and would like more. (I didn't like it enough to pay eBay prices though, haha.) If anyone could help, that be great.

16. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

It was at the Nespresso Boutique in downtown Toronto last week, and they were sold out of the Coconut and Macadamia nut as well. I think that once Nespresso sells out of their variations, they would rarely (if ever) get more in.

I did pick up some of the hazelnut. I tried it while I was there, and it was okay, at least as far as flavoured espresso goes. Not as good as the dark chocolate from last year, though.

17. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

coconut's been sold out nation wide for weeks now.

18. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I was told that the coconut might be available at the Madison Avenue store.

19. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i just bought macadamia nut and hazelnut espresso pods... nespresso store opened in SF :slayer::slayer::slayer:

20. ama

ama Senior member

ISO: Madison Ave. mule! (Isn't that about half this board?)