• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nespresso Club

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Do you filter your tap water?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mine is a couple of years old and I have never descaled it. Why is that bad? I haven't noticed any change in output. Should I do it anyway (I live in NY and use tapwater in it)?

I notice the buildup in the water tank. I've never noticed any drastic change in flavor in the coffee or a change in output prior to descaling. The coffee seems to taste a little better after I descale, but that could just be mental.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am most likely just being hypersensitive after getting a mouthful of crema and acid.
I probably did descale too early, the the hard ass water here in New York has destroyed my irons pretty quickly.

Water is pretty hard in DC too. Solution for irons is a combination of distilled and tap waters. I haven't had a problem since I went that route.

I've had my Pixie for almost a year and haven't descaled yet. I'm waiting for the Nespresso boutique that sells me my capsules to inform me that it's time.

goterps

Reaction score
The Kazaar is available in stores now if you guys don't want to bother having it shipped. I guess their online only promotional period backfired.
Any chance it's still available now? Trying to decide whether's it worth it to make a trip into the city for it.

I'm in the DC area.

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Any chance it's still available now? Trying to decide whether's it worth it to make a trip into the city for it.

I'm in the DC area.

It's not.

goterps

Reaction score
It's not.
Thanks, that saves me a trip.

On another note, I feel I've overused ristretto. Any other strong alternatives that are good for capaccino/latte? My guess is the Indriya and Arpeggio, but maybe there are others I've missed.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On another note, I feel I've overused ristretto. Any other strong alternatives that are good for capaccino/latte? My guess is the Indriya and Arpeggio, but maybe there are others I've missed.

My wife likes Rosabaya, I like the Fortissio lungo for lattes

RR-NYC

Reaction score

My wife likes Rosabaya, I like the Fortissio lungo for lattes

I mostly use the Indriya. It's the only alternative to Ristretto on the intensity scale.

I enjoy the ristretto when I want that traditional espresso taste

RR-NYC

Reaction score

Originally Posted by jefe
Does it not have the adjustable running time like the brewing machine? I assumed it did, but the Aeroccino is almost exclusively used by my wife so I could be mistaken
Not on the one I have. You press the button, it lights up and does its thing, and then its done. The only thing you can adjust is the attachment inside for milk+froth or just froth.
You can adjust the run time by holding the button down and then letting go when you want it to stop. It will keep this setting until you reset it To those that mock nespresso as being faux espresso and a mediocre cup of coffee, get over yourself. Nespresso/Delonghi have been selling this and it's proceeding machines in Italy for quite a while. Even throughout the EU before coming to America. I don't know of a single Italian in Italy that looks down on these machines.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My favorites are the Arpeggio (which is a crema monster), Roma, and Livanto.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My De Longhi citiz & milk arrived today. Yay! 200€ -30% -50€ nespresso credit equals 90€. Good price. :)
I currently have the samplerpack, ristretto and NaOra -- how do you guys like NaOra? I do prefer strong tasting espressi, but this one is good in a fruity/berry-y way.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My De Longhi citiz & milk arrived today. Yay! 200€ -30% -50€ nespresso credit equals 90€. Good price. :)
I currently have the samplerpack, ristretto and NaOra -- how do you guys like NaOra? I do prefer strong tasting espressi, but this one is good in a fruity/berry-y way.

To me it tastes pretty much the same as Rosabaya.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads