• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nespresso Club

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have the Citiz. I like it over the Pixie for a few reasons: The cup rest is magnetic, so it you want to put it up you don't need the weight of a cup to keep it that way. The water reservoir is larger. The used cap storage is larger.

I like the Pixie because it is more energy efficient and has a smaller footprint. Good for my desk at work.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're all as loud, right?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That I wouldn't know, but it is certainly quieter than my last setup with a grinder and all.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Having read this I just bought a handpresso for my wife as an extra birthday present. She always complains when she is separated from her nespresso. What else do I need to get for her so that she is set to go? Just illy pods?

Oh and I forgot, buy a couple of extra rubber seals. This is really the only thing that needs to be replaced

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh and I forgot, buy a couple of extra rubber seals. This is really the only thing that needs to be replaced

Thanks for this tip. Handpresso is great when the addiction strikes in an inconvenient place.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok, so I descaled this thing as per the instructions and I ran about 10 tanks of water through it and the coffee still tastes like the descaling poison. WTF? How many times do I have to run water through this damn thing? :confused:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You descaled it after a month? I descale mine once, maybe 2x a year

The Pixie tank is pretty small so I imagine you'd have to go through a few of them to rinse it all out

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The manual said after 300 uses. I have gone through 300 coffees plus I rinse the chamber after each use. I literally have been running water through this thing all day and it still tastes like poison. The instructions said just to run water through it once, but that didn't do anything.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Instructions are for schmucks ! ;)

Y u no like vinegary coffee ?

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Instructions are for schmucks ! ;)
Y u no like vinegary coffee ?

Well, the package says that it is mostly lactic acid and phosphonate. If swallowed seek medical advice immediately. There is no way I am going to do that.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You descaled it after a month? I descale mine once, maybe 2x a year
The Pixie tank is pretty small so I imagine you'd have to go through a few of them to rinse it all out

I descale mine twice a year. I've also not encountered this vinegar problem.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, the package says that it is mostly lactic acid and phosphonate. If swallowed seek medical advice immediately. There is no way I am going to do that.

Both are very low in toxicity and at best you'd be getting miniscule traces of it by now.

You descaled too early IMO but a few more cycles of hot water should get rid of the aftertaste

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am most likely just being hypersensitive after getting a mouthful of crema and acid.

I probably did descale too early, the the hard ass water here in New York has destroyed my irons pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads