• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neil Young

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bachbeet
JC: OK. I actually never thought much about how many of their songs had drum solos. Come to think of it, I don't remember too many RS drum solos. And Watts has always been considered to be a much better drummer than Ringo. Could have been because when they started out, drum solos were extremely rare, maybe nonexistent. One of the first big songs with a long drum solo was Cream's Toad. Quicksilver had drum solos on their Happy Trails album.

right, but by the time the Beatles were recording Abbey Road, John Bonham and Keith Moon were both blowing the doors of places.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Neil is in the process of issuing some very old live recordings from his archives. So far one 1970 'electric' recording w/ Crazy Horse at the Filmore East, and a nice 'accoustic' set from 1971 at Massey Hall. These are killer!
worship.gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Better you go play your fantasy games. I'm afraid music appreciation is not your strong suit.
fing02[1].gif

Originally Posted by GQgeek
Am I the only one that thinks neil young really, really

SUCKS?!

Oldboy

Reaction score
His performance of Helpless in The Last Waltz is
worship.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Crosby and Nash created what are IMO the most beautiful harmonies in the history of pop music. Nothing really comes close.
Conne:

Two Words

The Eagles

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Conne:

Two Words

The Eagles

Stevie:

Two Words

Even Worse

edit: of course you would like them you damned hippie.
lol8[1].gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Better you go play your fantasy games. I'm afraid music appreciation is not your strong suit.
fing02[1].gif

But trolling is! I like some older music, but neil young is teh gheyn3ss. Now Jussi Bjorling on the other hand.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Anyway, I'm trolling because i'm upset. I just got back from my spanish class (which ends at 10:45.. bleh) and it's a huge disappointment. I was convinced there would be hot chicks in it (there are always hot chicks in spanish classes) and there isn't a single one I'd want to ****. I ended up partnering with a guy =/

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
How shocking.

not really. the ratio is like 3:1 guys/girls and the girls were all cows.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
not really. the ratio is like 3:1 guys/girls and the girls were all cows.
And what did they think of you Mr. Misogynist Pig?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And what did they think of you Mr. misogynist pig?

That I was dead-sexy, of course! I was wearing white linen pants and a white shirt under a beautiful baby blue with white square-dot cashmere borrelli sweater. And of course my socks matched my sweater!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

edit: Plus, they don't know i'm a misogynist yet.
biggrin.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
That I was dead-sexy, of course! I was wearing white linen pants and a white shirt under a beautiful baby blue with white square-dot cashmere borrelli sweater. And of course my socks matched my sweater!

edit: Plus, they don't know i'm a misogynist yet.
laugh.gif
That sounds like a great ensemble. Do college kids get that, or is that off-putting? Just curious...

You know you could always try a Star Tek convention for women. I hear they're wild like Band Camp Babes.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

mizanation

Reaction score
if connemara likes neil young and i like neil young, does that make me gay?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That sounds like a great ensemble. Do college kids get that, or is that off-putting? Just curious...

You know you could always try a Star Tek convention for women. I hear they're wild like Band Camp Babes.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

I "overdress" (if that's what you could call ******* chinos and an OCBD) occasionally at school, and every time someone's like "YO OLD MAN" or "Why so dressed up?"

Whatever.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I "overdress" (if that's what you could call ******* chinos and an OCBD) occasionally at school, and every time someone's like "YO OLD MAN" or "Why so dressed up?"

Whatever.
I was talking to the Geek, man. Don't get your panties in a twist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads