1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Neil Gaimans The Sandman - Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Dec 16, 2013.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Joseph Gordon Levitt confirmed to star and direct Neil Gaimans The Sandman Movie.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  2. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

The Sandman series means a lot to me. I'm pretty open to a book or comic going to other mediums, but Sandman simply could not work as a movie. As a TV series it might, but not as a movie.

That said, I think it's great that Sandman as become popular enough to warrant a movie.

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Yeah I'd much rather see this get developed as a tv series. HBO could nail it.

4. phoni

phoni Well-Known Member

Is Gaiman the main scriptwriter? Considering how much material there is to cover, are they aiming to start an ongoing franchise? I hope people do go to watch this, but at the same time this series was always a bit of an acquired taste. I have friends who've started to read comics fairly recently; tried to introduce them to some classic books: Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Morrison's The Invisibles, Busiek's Astro City, Ellis' Transmetropolitan, Miller's Ronin/Elektra Assassin, etc. None of them showed any sustained interest -> main reasons: lack of recognizable characters and slow/confusing story lines...

Speaking of HBO and comic adaptations, what I really want to see is a 100 Bullets series. Would also get pretty excited about Preacher (apparently still in production somewhere). The Brubaker Iron Fist series was also fantastic; such a loving, detailed and earnest pastiche of old Kung Fu flicks!

The new Gotham series kinda scares me; I thought Gotham Central would have been perfect material (Rucka and Brubaker can really write gritty crime stories), but it seems they're going for a prequel/origin angle. Meh.

PS. nice to see a Berserk avatar; shame Miura has not gifted us with any new chapters for about 2 years now...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  5. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

Preacher would be awesome. I still want to see someone do a Hellblazer movie starring Sting. I was talking to someone recently and apparently Brian K. Vaughn's Y the Last Man was optioned for a movie, but it's almost been long enough that it will revert back to him. At which point he's stated he would do a TV series with it.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Preacher tv show is in development at AMC being produced by Seth Rogen.

Constantine/Hellblazer has a pilot ordered by NBC.

7. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it's probably for the new Constantine - the one in the new DCU - rather than the one who's 50.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Likely young but he will be blonde in this one unlike Keanu from the movie and the guy is supposedly going to be British as well so it looks like they are pulling from the original material.

9. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Hard to believe this will end well. Should be animated.