• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

negative linjer experience

em_pdx

Reaction score
I see a lot of positive reviews with respect to Linjer on here, which is great; my experience is negative, primarily with respect to customer service.

First – restocking fees, in this day and age of painless returns. I get it – they have to schlep everything back across the ocean to China. It still makes for a sub-optimal brand experience.

Second – they screwed me (well, technically the gift-giver) out of our money on the return by claiming the returned item was damaged. Is this a scam they run to minimize losses? An unused item in the original packaging should never have a problem with a return. This is again, probably what happens when some outsourced cut-rate returns process in China does everything remotely – but a reliable company doesn't have their customer service department effectively accuse customers of lying and antagonize them to the point where they seek out venues to publicize their poor experience.

Just my two cents to consider. There are a lot of options out there for luxury leather goods. I give Linjer a negative review as responsive and ethical.

ultramantaro

Reaction score
I think the problem is they heavily advertise on Facebook and social media, to attract millenials who are not into the big brands but feel they are getting a lot of perceived value for the money.

They are hiding aggressively that the goods are made in China, mostly with non original designs or just slight tweaks from existing factories that may have contracted for a bulk of production but may have extra stock. Maybe they did have custom batches with the indiegogo briefcase, but at the current price of close to $500 there are a lot of alternatives out there.

It's also funny that the cofounder, Roman Khan claims he's based in Oslo when pretty much all the jobs on Linjer's own site is based in Hong Kong: http://linjer.applytojob.com/ . Roman himself is also a graduate of the Univ of Science and Tech in Hong Kong, and given that Hong Kong is a traditional base for working with shops in the Guangdong area to make all kinds of consumer goods, this is nothing new. Think Hong Kong based tailors who largely source their operations to cheaper shops up north.

I have zero experience with their leather goods, but the watches are definitely not worth their asking prices. Check out similar products on Alibaba: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.7724857.main07.18.54546cb9HqmUcS

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the problem is they heavily advertise on Facebook and social media, to attract millenials who are not into the big brands but feel they are getting a lot of perceived value for the money.

They are hiding aggressively that the goods are made in China, mostly with non original designs or just slight tweaks from existing factories that may have contracted for a bulk of production but may have extra stock. Maybe they did have custom batches with the indiegogo briefcase, but at the current price of close to $500 there are a lot of alternatives out there.

It's also funny that the cofounder, Roman Khan claims he's based in Oslo when pretty much all the jobs on Linjer's own site is based in Hong Kong: http://linjer.applytojob.com/ . Roman himself is also a graduate of the Univ of Science and Tech in Hong Kong, and given that Hong Kong is a traditional base for working with shops in the Guangdong area to make all kinds of consumer goods, this is nothing new. Think Hong Kong based tailors who largely source their operations to cheaper shops up north.

I have zero experience with their leather goods, but the watches are definitely not worth their asking prices. Check out similar products on Alibaba: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.7724857.main07.18.54546cb9HqmUcS

I think you are correct. Any question to them on social media about where their goods are manufactured gets deleted.

RandyBonnette

Reaction score
I think the problem is they heavily advertise on Facebook and social media, to attract millenials who are not into the big brands but feel they are getting a lot of perceived value for the money. https://writemyessaytoday.net/

They are hiding aggressively that the goods are made in China, mostly with non original designs or just slight tweaks from existing factories that may have contracted for a bulk of production but may have on extra stock. Maybe they did have custom batches with the indiegogo briefcase, but at the current price of close to $500 there are a lot of alternatives out there.
I once had a chance to communicate with them (was looking for a job). The only variant for a remote job was marked as "Anywhere" and it was an E-commerce Operations Manager. I'm not sure what conditions they offer now, but then it was a nightmarish stuff about massive social media ads.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads