1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

needing some opinions...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by discostu004, Mar 19, 2005.

1. discostu004

discostu004 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

since i see a lot of people on here requesting codes from STP and BF, what is the code usually get you? is it more a free ship or a 5% off or what? i'm considering doing something like that but wasn't sure what the "competitors" were doing. any ideas would help
    thx
    lance

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

STP runs both promos at different times.  Personally, I'm more likely to buy when I get free shipping, as it makes returns less "costly." The 10% discount on total order (the current STP code) is nice, but I'd still take the free shipping instead if I'm unsure of fit.  I'm even willing to pay a higher overall price in the longrun, as the seller can spread the shipping costs that he eats over all customers (whereas, without free shipping, those people who are unlucky enough to have not found the proper fit eat all the costs).  Sort of like insurance, in other words.

3. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

bluefly codes are usually 15% off, i think. sometimes 10%.

4. discostu004

discostu004 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

thanks. wow i guess i expected more to like a % off as opposed to free shipping, but that makes sense also

5. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

I'd prefer a % off generally. Whatever is gonna save the most money it really ideal. [​IMG] Dan