• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Needed: The perfect pair of pre-distressed jeans

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've come to the realization that I'm just not a fan of dry denim for anything but the dressiest occasions. With that in mind, I need to find some great pre-distressed jeans. I think part of my problem has been that I've looked for great raw denim, but have been unsatisfied because that's just not the look I want for everyday wear. That's why my current favorite is the ES Fulton Maz Dark. It can be worn in all situations, with all outfits.

I prefer slight taper to slight bootcut (think Even Steven to Regular Ralf in terms of thigh fit and leg opening), and have found I like something with a bit of a greenish tint, or else a blackish-gray hint (but still a blue jean). The really blue looking stuff doesn't work as well with the rest of my wardrobe.

Also, I've decided that if I can find my size, I am going to go with the Corpus Morphy raw as a backup dress jean to my Acne Mic.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As has been mentioned a number of times, the 5EP LDB in Dark Worn will fit the bill for you quite well.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
As has been mentioned a number of times, the 5EP LDB in Dark Worn will fit the bill for you quite well.

I know, and especially with Revolve's good price and generous return policy, it's tempting. The problem was that my Fultons, at $100 less, fit better. However, when I tried on the one-wash version, they were raw looking, and didn't fit quite right. When talking about pre-distressed, I think they may work better. I might just have to give them a try.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
I know, and especially with Revolve's good price and generous return policy, it's tempting. The problem was that my Fultons, at $100 less, fit better. However, when I tried on the one-wash version, they were raw looking, and didn't fit quite right. When talking about pre-distressed, I think they may work better. I might just have to give them a try.

The 5EP fit pretty differently in raw, dark worn, and resin, IMO. I have no experience with the one wash.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 5EP fit pretty differently in raw, dark worn, and resin, IMO. I have no experience with the one wash.

My one lingering concern is length, and whether the 32 will be enough. I know you said they run a bit long, but for that to work for me, they'd have to run a bit more than a bit long. The only brand in which a 32 length works is Diesel, who have gobbs of vanity sizing built into every part of their jeans. Their slogan might as well be "we'll make any all-American fatass feel like a 32 again."

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
My one lingering concern is length, and whether the 32 will be enough. I know you said they run a bit long, but for that to work for me, they'd have to run a bit more than a bit long. The only brand in which a 32 length works is Diesel, who have gobbs of vanity sizing built into every part of their jeans. Their slogan might as well be "we'll make any all-American fatass feel like a 32 again."

They're pretty damn long. My Dark Worns stack a lot, and a 32" inseam is normally perfect on me. There's the color, for you as well.

22gn1.jpg

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're pretty damn long. My Dark Worns stack a lot, and a 32" inseam is normally perfect on me. There's the color, for you as well.

22gn1.jpg

Definitely a fan of the color. That will work with anything from plain gray Ts, to white button-downs, to black/blue/pink polos. Seems very versitile. And, while not the deadstock $150 price, $240 from revolve doesn't seem like a bad deal on these.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acne jeans, on a nice discount, are great pre-washed jeans to me.

I do like some of the Dior/ Rick Owens/ insert niche couture brand, but the price is off-putting.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got a pair of LVC 55's ruck up wash from 2003 that are amazing. as realistic as they get

Valgar

Reaction score

What is the front rise on these?

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Earnest Sewns are quite nice and available at a discount across the intertubes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads