• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need your help on finding authenticity of Brioni jacket I bought from SF member here

Heatseeka

Reaction score

Seeking for your clarification on the jacket I bought from SF member.
I was told that the seller purchased this jacket from realvanity.com
I broght it to jacket to Brioni boutique and they said it seems to be knock-off at first sight.
This dude is not corresponding properly and doesn't seem to be willing to issue refund.
Before I take any action, I would like to clarify if this is FAKE brioni once more.
I have few Brioni stuff and I thought it was their old logo/label.

I paid 350 plus express shipping. Kinda thought it was too cheap but I was not being suspicious as I always
found SF pricing highly competitive than other places.

Tag says its M size in written. YES. Its original brioni tag but it says M in hand written.
No inner label but logo. No clean instruction, material composition etc. Basically nothing but Logo with crap handswewn stitch.

Size M but its like US 50 size not EU 50. Pit to pit nearly 29 inch
Overall, material looks cheap and zipper does not even have Brioni logo. Not sure if Brioni ever used
zipper that way.

Anyway, the Brioni lady might be wrong too as she didn't examine the jacket thoroughly and pay too much attention. Just like to double check with SF members.

Would appreciate for your advise.

Last edited:

leftwing37

Reaction score
I mean use common sense, obviously the first thing would be its 5 sizes larger than described, I would want a refund on that basis.

Heatseeka

Reaction score
In fact, the seller was clear that its more like 48 50. It was my fault that I saw it as EU 48 or 50 as it was M.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems unlikely to be real from what you say, no labels of the type mentioned - did you look at the labels in articles on sale in the Brioni shop to help come to a conclusion?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who cares if it is a fake, there is nothing particularly special about that jacket, and there is no indication on the outside it is a brioni, so what are you going to do? tell people outright that you are wearing a brioni jacket? thats so materialistic, for shame...

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It could be very old stock; there were times when Brioni quality hasn't been that high. Lining material seems real enough and although it would be fairly easy to knock off for professional counterfeiters, it seems like a lot of effort - most just stick in some conspicious brand labels.

rsuhandy

Reaction score

who cares if it is a fake, there is nothing particularly special about that jacket, and there is no indication on the outside it is a brioni, so what are you going to do? tell people outright that you are wearing a brioni jacket? thats so materialistic, for shame...

I think you're missing the point.
You'd be ok being sold something that is fake, when you thought you
were getting something authentic?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you're missing the point.
You'd be ok being sold something that is fake, when you thought you
were getting something authentic?

sounds like a case where prevention would be best. if you can't afford then don't buy. i pity the poors, having to buying luxury items on discount, you are not aristocrat, just a poor. materialistic boys will be materialistic boys.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sounds like a case where prevention would be best. if you can't afford then don't buy. i pity the poors, having to buying luxury items on discount, you are not aristocrat, just a poor. materialistic boys will be materialistic boys.

you're a knob

Last edited:

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've dealt with the OP on numerous occasions and he is a stand up member (sorry to hear about the trouble!).

I would 2nd what chobochobo said - it's tough to tell the authenticity through photographs. It could be very old stock that has been mismarked - which a sales rep could easily dismiss as fake.

He bought it from this site? :confused:

P.S. Unless iroh is making a guide for our entertainment, don't feed him

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads