1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Need your help figuring out what color trousers to wear with a new jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dennisdomino, Jun 10, 2006.

1. dennisdomino

dennisdomino Well-Known Member

The sports jacket in question is navy with green pinstipes and green stitching around the button holes and pocket flaps. I didn't really think about what i was going to wear it with at the time I bought it and I am not liking a lot of the things I am putting with it. I thought i would ask for your thoughts. I have a light blue and white shirt that I am thinking I will wear with it.
    What are your thoughts?
    Many thanks in advance for your help.
    DD
    [​IMG]

2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Trouser color:
    If wool, your best option probably is medium gray or navy blue. In cotton, tan.

3. TCN

TCN Senior member

I would stick with a light tan or cream.

I like the jacket, but it doesn't strike me as a staple.

4. dennisdomino

dennisdomino Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses gents. I actually wore it to work today with cotton cream trousers and have gotten lots of compliments so I guess we all made the right call. You're right that it is not a staple, but a fun twist on a navy blazer. DD

5. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

Although I generally dislike odd navy pants (I have two pair, one in crepe and one in cahsmere wool and I dislike them) it might actually work for this jacket. No one is going to think you are passing it off as a suit and the navy solid pants will highlight the green chalk stripe. With a shirt wih an apple green or emerald green plaid patten on a white background (other color backgrounds could work). Id get the pants in a similar weight but perhaps a different finish with brown shoes.

Another choice might be the palest of mint or pistachio linen or gabardine pants. Im talking cream with a hint of a tint of mint...as it were.