• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need your advice regarding a shoe patina?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm actually ordering a bespoke pair of shoes with Anthony Delos in Paris and your advice and thoughts will be more than appreciated.....
I wear a lot of midnight blue suits and i'm looking to create a new patina to give a twist to the navy blue or classic black shoes combination.....
I'm not a great fan of burgundy and my ideal will be a black antique with blueish/plum tones...
I'm looking forward to your tips and advices....

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Someone posted a picture on this forum or AAAC a while back of a pair of midnight blue StefanoBis that more or less sum up what you're describing.

Blue shoes, especially dark blue as an alternative to black, are something I wish existed at all in Melbourne. I doubt they're particularly easy to find anywhere else, too.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
Someone posted a picture on this forum or AAAC a while back of a pair of midnight blue StefanoBis that more or less sum up what you're describing.

Blue shoes, especially dark blue as an alternative to black, are something I wish existed at all in Melbourne. I doubt they're particularly easy to find anywhere else, too.

i.e. you should do it. Keeps the shoe elegant. I personally prefer the burgandy antiquing, but blue/plum would look sublime.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members