• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need your advice regarding a shoe patina?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm actually ordering a bespoke pair of shoes with Anthony Delos in Paris and your advice and thoughts will be more than appreciated.....
I wear a lot of midnight blue suits and i'm looking to create a new patina to give a twist to the navy blue or classic black shoes combination.....
I'm not a great fan of burgundy and my ideal will be a black antique with blueish/plum tones...
I'm looking forward to your tips and advices....

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Someone posted a picture on this forum or AAAC a while back of a pair of midnight blue StefanoBis that more or less sum up what you're describing.

Blue shoes, especially dark blue as an alternative to black, are something I wish existed at all in Melbourne. I doubt they're particularly easy to find anywhere else, too.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
Someone posted a picture on this forum or AAAC a while back of a pair of midnight blue StefanoBis that more or less sum up what you're describing.

Blue shoes, especially dark blue as an alternative to black, are something I wish existed at all in Melbourne. I doubt they're particularly easy to find anywhere else, too.

i.e. you should do it. Keeps the shoe elegant. I personally prefer the burgandy antiquing, but blue/plum would look sublime.

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • cr2596

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 8 13.8%