• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need two new pairs of raw denim

seamless74

Reaction score
im currently in the market for two new pairs of raw denim... which will be my third and fourth respectively... my first was LVC 47's second was APC new standards i believe my third will be EDWIN nashvilles which leaves me with one big decision for my 4th... i think that for me personally the perfect all purpose jean would be a cross between the 47's and the NEW STANDARDS thats kind of obvious i guess since theyre both classics... basicall i want the new pair to have a similar cut to the standards... but be slightly roomier in the crotch and ass region.. and fyi i do wear my jeans size appropriate,... im thinking something maybe .............

ANDE WHALL... anybody have any suggestions...

sorry to not post in the ask a question thread ,,, its just no one answers any of my questions in that particular thread.... cmon fellas throw a dog a bone..

seamless74

Reaction score
its not so much the waist im alright in the waist its just the new standards just like suck in your ass cheeks and grab pretty hard around the nuts... i mean my 28 new standards i can stick a fist down front.. its just such an weird fitting jean on me anyway... looks great i guess i just mean a little fuller in the crotch

basically i need a medium rise, roomy but not antifit.... modern cut, but classic straight leg style, with minimal prolly no graphics on the back....

Curious_George

Reaction score
Samurai S0500

or maybe

Eternal 811 ( a bit anti-fit from what I've heard)
SDA 103

Not sure if the last two are loose enough for what you're looking for.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
try the ande whall cougars if you're into that. regular cut on the slim side.

you get to support a small artisan and have jeans for $198 shipped around the world, with free chainstitch hemming to your liking

seamless74

Reaction score
yeah ande whall sounds great,,, i always liked the eternals too... every time i look at blue and green though the sizing looks kinda weird i dont know if they even offer a 33 or 34 length... good suggestions so far thanx fellas...

Deluks917

Reaction score
Everyone who has ever bought KMW has liked them, catch my drift.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crate Journals are very nice, but you have to like very low rises...

modual

Reaction score
Seamless ,Sounds like we're about the same size. I wear apc ns in a 28 and have the same issues with tightness **********/crotch area. Nudie straight sven in a 30 might work, though the leg opening is bigger than the ns and is overall slightly more relaxed.
By the way what size do you wear in lvc 47 raw ?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LVC 501 55s?
You got the 47 style covered with nashvilles, and 55s are boxier/roomier around the ass, but not super wide legs.

seamless74

Reaction score
i hear ya BOBO its just that the 47's are about as loose as i can get in the butt already anything baggier i fear wouldnt work...

MODUAL ... yeah ive thought about the straight svens i bet theyd fit me great and i could get a pair fairly reasonable i expect unfortunatelly ive always been a little leary im a little older and i dont know if nudies would fit my asthetic.... as to the sizing ive got the 30's in the LVC. i did it alot differnt than most i bought my exact size... as opposed to sizing up... kind of glad i did i bought my normal size wore the **** out of them for about 5 months before soaking and now i believe i have a killer fit but there was alot of pain involved about an inch worth or stretch is about all your gonna get in the waist on the 47's but the LVC are a whole lot roomier as well as anti fit in the crotch region so thats the way i had to play it... i figured 31 would be too big in the legs and ass.... but maybe not i was thinkin long term and accounting for the future loosening and sagging of the denim which will eventually happen in all jeans....

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seamless74
MODUAL ... yeah ive thought about the straight svens i bet theyd fit me great and i could get a pair fairly reasonable i expect unfortunatelly ive always been a little leary im a little older and i dont know if nudies would fit my asthetic.....

I removed the back pocket stitching on mine as i love the fit and find it hard to find jeans that fit the way i want them to.

kit99bar

Reaction score
true to size Ande Whall grifters will be slim on the lower legs with more room for the crotch and thighs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads