Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need temporary fix for too long sleeves on blazer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by godeacs, May 6, 2011.

1. godeacs

godeacs Active Member

So I just received a Michael Kors seersucker blazer that I'm planning to wear to a Derby party tomorrow. Unfortunately, the sleeves are a couple inches too long. Since an emergency trip to the tailor isn't possible, I'm wondering if anyone has a temporary solution -- I'm considering rolling the cuffs up inside of the sleeve and fixing them with tape or something similar. The cuff will of course look slightly rolled, but I'm thinking that's preferable to looking like I'm drowning in a jacket. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Get another. There's no good temporary fix.

If you try a homemade fix, you'll look like a kid wearing dad's jacket. It will be obvious.

3. godeacs

godeacs Active Member

Alright, fair enough. Hoping someone in B&S is interested in the jacket. Thanks for the advice!

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

Get rid of the thing and get one that fits next time. Find something else to wear tomorrow.

5. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Get rid of the thing and get one that fits next time. Find something else to wear tomorrow.

Well, if the sleeve length is the only issue, have it tailored. I was merely saying that I wouldn't try a homemade, temporary fix.

6. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Remove the buttons, roll the cuff to the inside and cross-stitch it to the inner layer of fabric inside the cuff (not the lining), press the end off the cuff then sew the buttons back on the outside.

It's hardly a perfect solution but it should get you through one night providing nobody looks to closely...

7. Wolfador

Wolfador Senior member

check local tailors, they should be able to do an emergency fix for you as it shouldn't take too long just to do the sleeves.

8. VelvetGreen

VelvetGreen Senior member

It's summer - sling it over your shoulder.

9. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

If you are young and cool, roll them up. Not inside, but outside. Wear a light solid colored (linen?) shirt and it ought to look pretty cool.