Need suit brand that fits sloped shoulders

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jmatt, Mar 24, 2006.

1. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

Can a tailor reasonably adjust a suit for the fact that I have fairly sloped shoulders? I get fabric excess in the chest near the armpit. I never understood why until I started here and at AAAC. I've now been shown that if I lift my shoulders, the extra fabric is gone, and that the problem is my sloped shoulders. My question is 2 part:

1) Can a tailor alter an OTR/MTM suit to fix for sloped shoulders, or is it cost prohibitive?

2) Any OTR suit brands out there that have a better fit for sloped shoulders?

Thanks for any assistance.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Can a tailor reasonably adjust a suit for the fact that I have fairly sloped shoulders? I get fabric excess in the chest near the armpit. I never understood why until I started here and at AAAC. I've now been shown that if I lift my shoulders, the extra fabric is gone, and that the problem is my sloped shoulders. My question is 2 part:

1) Can a tailor alter an OTR/MTM suit to fix for sloped shoulders, or is it cost prohibitive?

2) Any OTR suit brands out there that have a better fit for sloped shoulders?

Thanks for any assistance.

Costume National and Helmut Lang make/made perfect suits for slim guys with sloped shoulders. I am in the same boat, and these two companies make suits that fit me nearly perfectly.