• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need suggestions for Wide width sneakers

photofabix

Reaction score
I'm searching for some wide width shoes such as the Vans Authentics, I'm a EEEE width. My last shoe purchase was the all black Asics Gel 130TR cross trainers At this width I haven't been able to find much. I know New Balance comes in widths but I haven't to been happy with there styles and comfort in the past. I've seen a few Sketchers (which I don't think have much approval here) and the occasional running sneaker, but nothing like chucks or Van's. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Sneakers are going to be tough to find. I'm pretty sure Adidas has some models in large widths. That said, you can find some nicer shoes like Red Wings or Allen Edmonds in your size/width pretty easily.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you don't mind spending several hundreds on a sneaker, Ferragamo make sneakers in wide sizes.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They say sometimes that one's shoe size is not just relative to their foot's length, but width also. That is to say, you may need to size up 1 in some styles to get the appropriate width. I read an article on this a while ago.

photofabix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
They say sometimes that one's shoe size is not just relative to their foot's length, but width also. That is to say, you may need to size up 1 in some styles to get the appropriate width. I read an article on this a while ago.

When you size up that doesn't make them any wider, the shoe just ends up being to big and still to narrow. When I was younger shoe stores used to always try sizing me up, and I would have to just cram my feet in ill fitting shoes. Also being flat footed doesn't help much in finding shoes either lol.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

nobody says this what are you talking about

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a little more vague than I remember.. http://www.howtodothings.com/fashion...shoe-size.html But as you can see, there is a very small difference in the width based on the sizes and to get the correct fit, one should compare the measurements (both length and width) to the sizes. So, if the width is off by a little margin on a size, one could size up to be accurate with the width. It's an idea anyway.

photofabix

Reaction score
It's a little more vague than I remember..

http://www.howtodothings.com/fashion...shoe-size.html

But as you can see, there is a very small difference in the width based on the sizes and to get the correct fit, one should compare the measurements (both length and width) to the sizes. So, if the width is off by a little margin on a size, one could size up to be accurate with the width.

It's an idea anyway.

Widths do vary between different sneakers, and different manufactures but no regular width shoe will come close to an extra wide (EEEE) I found some better info on fits through this Newbalance site.

I been searching high and low, looks like I'm pretty much out of luck as far as plimsoles, chucks etc.. are concerned.

Any other suggestions as to what would go with about knee length flat front khaki shorts? I'm not a big short person but since loosing all this weight I would like to wear some this summer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads