1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Need Source for Argyle Socks in Wool

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RSS, Nov 7, 2015.

1. RSS

RSS Senior member

Ben Silver carries the wool and nylon(?) Argyle socks pictured below (top photo), I'm wondering if anyone knows who makes them. There was a time I could also find them at Paul Stuart and Mettez ... but I haven't been in either stone in a while and I don't see them on either website.

The reason I ask is that this brand has Argyles in other colors ... and it's those colors that I happen to like. There was a great one in dark green, olive and red-orange ... and another in olive, dark green and yellow. I bought six of each pair the last time I 'stocked-up' (15+/- years back) ... but these are nearing the end of life. I'm hoping to find the same ones again and restock.

I'm also open to alternate options ... as long as in wool or a wool/stretch blend.

[​IMG]

The colors I'm seeking are contained in the photo below ... the third and fourth from the left.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  2. RSS

RSS Senior member

E-mail by SF member indicates Palatino. Thanks for the fast reply.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  3. RSS

RSS Senior member

Always enjoy the chattiness of this place. ;-)

4. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

5. RSS

RSS Senior member

Thanks for the suggestion. Looking for finer quality.

6. gs77

gs77 Senior member

Hm, I guess quality of one thing is always relative to something else, but I wear my Burlington socks for years before they need to be disposed.

7. RSS

RSS Senior member

If Burlington socks suit your needs, they obviously work for you. And I certainly am not questioning their longevity.

I should have been more specific, I'm looking for a finer quality of craftsmanship.

8. gtkrwn

gtkrwn Member

I'm pleased with Byford's argyles.

1 person likes this.
  9. RSS

RSS Senior member

Like Byfords as well. Just looking for different color combinations.