• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need some suggestions on how to spend my $100 Brooks Brothers Gift Card

lsquare

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't really know how to spend this card and I know it's a silly question. I was thinking about buying a BB umbrella, but some of the comments that I have found is making me think twice about buying one. How are BB ties? I see that they have some slim ties and I might just get one or two and pay the difference. Any ideas on how to best use my gift card at their store will be greatly appreciated!

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ties are fine, but generally too wide for me. I assume you don't want to put it towards a more expensive item like a suit, but with the 30% off sale currently on, you could probably get good deal. If you are still stuck, go for socks, pajamas or boxer shorts. To me these are some of their best deals.

lsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Ties are fine, but generally too wide for me. I assume you don't want to put it towards a more expensive item like a suit, but with the 30% off sale currently on, you could probably get good deal. If you are still stuck, go for socks, pajamas or boxer shorts. To me these are some of their best deals.
No, I'm not interested in getting a new suit at this time right now. Yea, I saw that thread and good idea! Edit: How's the quality of their Cedar Shoe Tree? I think cedar is the preferred material right? It's $28 and that seems like a nice price. I'm also thinking of getting a shoe horn. What do you think? $38 for a brass shoe horn?

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a lot of boxers on clearance. I like their boxers a lot, especially at $9 a pair.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Fleece ties are really nice, and decently narrow as well. If you really can't think of anything to buy with the card, I'll buy it for $90, haha.

Finsen

Reaction score
Get some pocket squares. They still have the buy one and second one 30% off promotion.

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about a pair of shoes from the clearance section? The C&J-made split-toes are $150 is you open up a BB card and use the 30% code. That means around $65 out of pocket for C&J's after tax and shipping with the gift card. Not bad.

lsquare

Reaction score
Any comments on the cedar shoe tree and the brass shoe horn?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads