• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need some real friends

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
why don't you host a style forum meet up (seriously)

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
Is it possible to make friends past age 25?

Yes. I added all of the people on my Facebook friends list in the last year, and I'm in my 30's, so yes, definitely.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
If it's any consolation Zach, I'll be your friend...

you need to move closer, dude.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
you need to move closer, dude.

I'll be your Pal.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
went out with some guys from synagogue last night for a beer. extremly boring. basically, all they wanted to talk about was synagogue, and green dreams they had - one wants to build a house out of used shipping containers, one wants to start an urban farm, etc. I felt like screaming.

been in chicago 2.5 years, really only have one friend here. next attempt will be to invite some of the fathers from my sons class, see if any of them are cool.

I went out a while back with some of the cops/firemen from my boxing gym - not as interesting as one might hope, and I am guessing that I wasn't as interesting to them. hate just hanging with people from work.

need some friends - where do you guys find your friends?

i feel you when it comes to friends. i dont really fret it though. my brother and brother in law are really good friends and i have alot of things in common with them so we hang out alot. my wife as well. but when it comes to outside the family...mostly are just acquaintances at best.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
why don't you host a style forum meet up (seriously)

actually, my one flesh and blood friend in chicago is from the sf here, and I have met a bunch of people from SF around the world. maybe having a chicago meet up would be a good idea.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I'll be your Pal.

cool, I feel all warm and fuzzy.

seriously, I consider several of you friends, some that I have met and even some that I haven't. that's cool. I guess what I miss is having a few friends to pop out with for a beer every now and again. for 20 plus years I had the same group of friends, and now I only see them every few years.

Reaction score
i was in my basement, alone, when i thought i heard someone call my name, and i said "yeah?". my wife, upstairs, asked me if i had a friend down there, meaning the basement. it was slightly scary, actually, because i had just read this poem by daumal that starts (i am paraphrasing here) "there is a dead woman roaming your halls" or somesuch. often, when i am alone in my house, i sense a presence around every corner, and i imagine that i see human forms in my periphery. the thing about seeing humanoid forms peripherally is that they are always there, even as you turn your head to gaze upon them directly, they strafe laterally.

jefe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
i was in my basement, alone, when i thought i heard someone call my name, and i said "yeah?". my wife, upstairs, asked me if i had a friend down there, meaning the basement. it was slightly scary, actually, because i had just read this poem by daumal that starts (i am paraphrasing here) "there is a dead woman roaming your halls" or somesuch. often, when i am alone in my house, i sense a presence around every corner, and i imagine that i see human forms in my periphery. the thing about seeing humanoid forms peripherally is that they are always there, even as you turn your head to gaze upon them directly, they strafe laterally.

+1?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
i and i imagine that i see human forms in my periphery. the thing about seeing humanoid forms peripherally is that they are always there, even as you turn your head to gaze upon them directly, they strafe laterally.

Dude, the last time i took mushrooms I had this exact thing happen. It was two heads of the rapper Mystical and they were on either side of my head. They turned in unison with my head just barely in my peripheral vision.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
went out with some guys from synagogue last night for a beer. extremly boring. basically, all they wanted to talk about was synagogue, and green dreams they had - one wants to build a house out of used shipping containers, one wants to start an urban farm, etc. I felt like screaming.

been in chicago 2.5 years, really only have one friend here. next attempt will be to invite some of the fathers from my sons class, see if any of them are cool.

I went out a while back with some of the cops/firemen from my boxing gym - not as interesting as one might hope, and I am guessing that I wasn't as interesting to them. hate just hanging with people from work.

need some friends - where do you guys find your friends?

You went to a religious institution and expected interesting conversation?

This is a problem that repeats itself with you. Mr. Trotter, I implore you.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
You went to a religious institution and expected interesting conversation?

This is a problem that repeats itself with you. Mr. Trotter, I implore you.

yes, you are right. my expectations were way out of whack.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Yes, I made plenty past that age...Note that I have a "young" lifestyle so a lot of my newer friends are either younger or have a similarly "young" lifestyle. I can't stand people that stop growing and changing so I ditch them.

whaat. fuuma is more than 25? you look like early 20s

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Dude, the last time i took mushrooms I had this exact thing happen. It was two heads of the rapper Mystical and they were on either side of my head. They turned in unison with my head just barely in my peripheral vision.
you really get me
inlove.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
whaat. fuuma is more than 25? you look like early 20s

"Look" is the keyword here. In fact i'd say I look younger in person than in pictures, especially when clean shaved.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads