• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need some new luggage? check this

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a cool new piece of luggage for a while, and have been looking at the samsonite black label line (especially the alexander mcqueen designed stuff).

Today, saw a deal i couldn't pass up-- this retails for $775 at bloomingdales and other stores, got it on sale AND with the following discount number "5604 in the partner code" for around $280 from samsoniteblacklabel.com site

other cool styles avail (i.e. those that don't look like you are toting a human body) from the black label line, including this garment bag which i thought looked good too, price is pretty steep if you don't use the discount code (30% off):

http://www.samsoniteblacklabel.com/c...armentbag.html

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nah, I figured this new piece of luggage would simply say quietly but firmly "BAD-ASS!"

I mean, a black wheeled case that looks different from everyone else's at the airport, AND has a human ribcage jutting from inside? That's pretty cool in my book!!

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
nah, I figured this new piece of luggage would simply say quietly but firmly "BAD-ASS!"

I mean, a black wheeled case that looks different from everyone else's at the airport, AND has a human ribcage jutting from inside? That's pretty cool in my book!!

You will certainly get the words "bad" and "ass" assigned to that piece of luggage with significant frequency, although perhaps not with the exact useage for which you were hoping.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People will definitely be looking for who picks that bag up at baggage claim.

I looked at that piece when I was shopping for luggage about a year ago. It looks cool, no doubt, but I figured it would become tiresome after a while, or that you'd see a bunch of people with it. I haven't seen that yet, and it's been around for a while now.

I ended up buying the top-of-the-line Victorinox luggage, which had some of the best features. It also had the best warranty that I've seen, which is lifetime. Of course, that warranty is limited to a degree. The luggage has held up like a champ after four international trips with many plane transfers - and I pack them with lots and lots of heavy **** on the way back from these vacations.

ChriO

Reaction score
My first thoughts were Giger/Alien. Not something I would like to have as luggage, too noticeable .
Luggage can't be inconspicuously enough in my opinion. When I have to check a suitcase in I don't want anybody to ponder what might be inside of it. Much better if that searching glance focuses on a more expensive looking piece next to it.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love that suitcase and wanted one very badly for some time, even though I'd probably only use it 1 or 2 times a year. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. My main issue with it is the functionality though, there's no outside pocket to keep stuff in while I wander around the airport.

But it is super-nice. Enjoy!

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like an alien. yes, that alien.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO, looks rather silly.

There is a lot of disdain for branding on this forum and I think something like this is just screaming out for attention. And not in a good way...

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It certainly has a "look". It is cool. With the rounded top it seems to give up a lot of room that I would rather have to put an extra pair of shoes or more clothes.

I try to get as much as possible in a roll on to avoid having to check things. That is the main reason I would get a higher volume rectangular bag. But, hey, if the shoe fits......

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not for me, but I can appreciate that it's distinctive, may tear limbs off and is presumably well-made. As a relatively frequent flyer, I'm usually too focused on my own bag to pay much attention to who picks up what from the carousels. As long it's not my bag.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know man, those Alexander McQueen luggages are not my thing at all... I'd rather get the Pro-DLX2 Spinners in black or if you like hard casing, the X'Lites

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
I travel a lot for business (100+ nights per year). I have a standard Samsonite garment bag and it hasn't held up for ****. If you are a regular traveler, I recommend having a beater bag since that is what baggage claim does to your luggage. Just my $.02.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
certainly that particular piece isn't for everyone, but then I'm one of those guys who likes to wear a button undone on my suit jackets and sportcoats, like high-street brands, etc. so it's probably no surprise to members who have seen me posting over the last few years. I'll use this as a carry on item and when traveling on short trips to city hotels-- other than that, i use a large soft jack spade olive and brown plaid bag.

the deal, however, is pretty good on samsonite black label items if you're looking for some new luggage. 30% off, and they have everything from conservative cabin bags to large hard sided luggage. if you're in the market, it's worth a look.

now, must figure out how to properly fold a black dolce and gabbana suit to go in this new luggage.....
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads