Need some help finding a new rectangular gold watch.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jim Profit, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Jim Profit

Jim Profit Senior member

Im looking for a new dress watch. I would like rectangular gold watch like the Patek Philippe Gondolo. I just love the design of this watch but its out of my price range. Another watch i have found that is nice is the Catier Tank and Longines Dolce Vita. But i dont like the blue stone on the Cartier and the Dolce Vita is just to small.

I have been looking at auctions for a Gondolo in the new design but i can only find the old design and this is just to small. I would prefer a new watch. Do you guys have some tips? Price point up to £5K

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I'd take a look at a JLC Reverso in gold if I were you

3. Mute

Mute Senior member

^^^This would be my first choice. I'd also consider either a Cariter Tank Francaise or Tank Americaine.

4. Jim Profit

Jim Profit Senior member

Thanks for the tip but im not a big fan of Reverso. Im a big guy and the watch is just to small for me, only 21 mm. The watch should be over 30mm wide.

5. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

The Grande Reverso 976 is 29.9 mm wide, but if you do not like the Reverso, I would take the Patek over a Cartier. While Cartier has made some strides in the horological world, they are more a jewelry house than a watch manufacturer.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015