• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need some help finding a new rectangular gold watch.

Jim Profit

Reaction score
Im looking for a new dress watch. I would like rectangular gold watch like the Patek Philippe Gondolo. I just love the design of this watch but its out of my price range. Another watch i have found that is nice is the Catier Tank and Longines Dolce Vita. But i dont like the blue stone on the Cartier and the Dolce Vita is just to small.

I have been looking at auctions for a Gondolo in the new design but i can only find the old design and this is just to small. I would prefer a new watch. Do you guys have some tips? Price point up to £5K

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd take a look at a JLC Reverso in gold if I were you

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd take a look at a JLC Reverso in gold if I were you

^^^This would be my first choice. I'd also consider either a Cariter Tank Francaise or Tank Americaine.

Jim Profit

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip but im not a big fan of Reverso. Im a big guy and the watch is just to small for me, only 21 mm. The watch should be over 30mm wide.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the tip but im not a big fan of Reverso. Im a big guy and the watch is just to small for me, only 21 mm. The watch should be over 30mm wide.

The Grande Reverso 976 is 29.9 mm wide, but if you do not like the Reverso, I would take the Patek over a Cartier. While Cartier has made some strides in the horological world, they are more a jewelry house than a watch manufacturer.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 111 33.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 99 29.9%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%