1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Need some help finding a (casual) shoe

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davei, Apr 23, 2003.

1. davei

davei Senior member

I've been looking for a shoe similar to this one for some time: http://www.shoeparlor.com/Merchant/DslDaveBlk236.jpg The model above is the "Dave" from Diesel, the upper looks like a football (soccer) shoe with the sole from a driving shoe. Â Unusual, trendy, but not exactly what I'm looking for. Â Actually I would be happy with the shoe above but the quality is rather low - I know not to expect a lot out of an $80 mass produced shoe, but I'm looking for something that at least compares to my regular soccer shoes (adidas Copa Mundials - a nice entry level kangaroo leather model.) Anyway, what I really want is a shoe with a driving sole (turned up heel) that's NOT a moc, and that doesn't have an overly "racy" look to it (I know I'm being rather vague, but I saw someone on the street wearing full on "Goodyear" logo-ed adidas shoes and cracked up laughing.) Â Soccer style upper would be a bonus (I know Pantofola d'Oro makes a leisure line with traditional (non-driving) soles but they're impossible to find in North America.) Â Ideas/suggestions anyone?

2. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

Not exactly sure what you are looking for, maybe these? [​IMG]

3. Timothy

Timothy Senior member

Some labels you may want to check out is Premiata (make some soccer-esque shoes), Via Spiga, Puma has a designer shoe that looks like a futuristic driving sneaker, Pirelli has some sneakers with a driving sole, and you can go with a true driver's shoe like those by Sabelt (check out Yoox.com). By the way the shoe above is by Hogan, you can see both them and the Pirelli's at raffaello-network.com. Happy hunting.. .. ..