• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need some general pants advice (do these fit me)?

jdongg

Reaction score
1. I have a pair of slim fit khakis and I think they fit well but I'm in general pretty bad with telling if things fit me or not. I'm planning on getting a pair of black khakis with the same fitting so yeah. Sorry my hands are in the pockets in the first pic. Second is kind of sloppy but I can't really take a picture right now since my roommates are in the room and it's kind of cramped. http://img560.imageshack.us/i/khakis.jpg/ http://img694.imageshack.us/f/4upon20110201at1534.jpg/ 2. I'm in need of some jeans that are well-fitted. I tried a pair of jeans from the Gap that were straight fit. They were pretty tight around the legs (but comfortable) but I could probably double the size of ****** and still have it fit. I'm pretty small - 28 x 30 - so it's pretty hard to find stuff that fits. I'm going to try a pair of the Levis 501 Original (straight leg) and hope that fits, but I'm not really sure what brands are tailored to people with skinnier builds.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
legs look ok but the top section looks baggy. By average standards they're probably acceptable, but why look mediocre? i feel your pain there. Check out Incotex sales on the buy and sell section and check the measurements carefully, but basically for the same $60 you can get much better cut and styled pants. Just watch the waist size, front rise, and thigh measurements since they vary a lot...

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, post better pictures for us will help us to help you. Post some from different angles.

You're not wearing shoes in your picture, it's hard to say for sure if your pants are too long although it looks like they might be. But if I were you, I'd get the rise lowered.

I'm gonna set back and let the pros to help you out
wink.gif

jdongg

Reaction score
I've heard that getting the rise adjusted can be expensive and not turn out as planned.

The khakis are the tailored slim fit from the Gap. I might try the straight fit instead and see how that goes. The pants are slightly too long when I'm wearing shoes. The next smallest size is 28x28, which would probably be too short, but I'll try them out. Worst comes to worst I could probably get the 28x30s shortened, but I'm hesitant to do any work on the rise

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Zara. Their size European 46 (American 30) is more of an American 28. They are nice and slim fit. You can probably pick them up on sale for $15-$20. You may have to get them hemmed, but that is a very minor alteration.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads