Need some casual shirts suggestions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Sway23, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Sway23

Sway23 Active Member

I'm in need of some suggestions for shirts I can wear for very casual situations... something you'd wear if you were just running around town doing errands or perhaps hanging out with some friends at home or at a real casual place. Mainly would just be wearing it with a pair of jeans.

I guess it basically comes down to getting some interesting t-shirts or polo shirts. I currently already own the usual slew of Polo/Lacoste polo shirts, but it gets kinda boring when the difference between all the shirts is the color and whether it has a little alligator or polo man on it. Le Tigre and Penguin seems to have some more "interesting" looking polo shirts... anyone know of any places that have a decent selection of these? Any other brand suggestions?

Also, any suggestions on where to get some printed t-shirts that are interesting without looking too outlandish (like I'm trying too hard)? BTW, I'm 27 years old, so nothing too fratboy-ish either...

Thanks for any help.

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Check out the "Polo showdown" thread. But if you're bored with the standard color/logo variation switching to another brand is not going to help much. If you really want to stand out get your polos tailored. I do.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Rogues Gallery has some pretty decent tees with interesting prints that are not too far out there - Usually mono prints on subdued coloured tees.

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Maybe try... western shirts, soccer jerseys (the collared kind look really cool IMO), military type shirts with short hem and sleeves rolled way up or short sleeves.

5. dusty

dusty Senior member

You could get some short sleeve button-down shirts. Just don't get them with a really long tail that looks like it should be tucked in. J Crew has some madras ones that look pretty good I think.

6. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

OK, so who's turn is it to explode on why the Homer Simpson look is not cool?

7. dusty

dusty Senior member

Oh come on, we're not talking about short sleeve dress shirts with a jacket and tie here. This is a totally different world. Don't confuse this: [​IMG] With this: [​IMG] And if Homer Simpson is wearing a dress shirt, then it has no tail at all and he chooses to take it off over his head for no reason. [​IMG]