1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need some advice

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Help, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Help

Help New Member

Hi, I need some help. I've got a semi-casual function to go to on Saturday (it's Tuesday today), and I can't find a good top.
    I've got dark-brown pants with greyish-white pinstripes and flat soled brown Snipe shoes.
    If I don't want to wear just a white dress shirt with it, what else can I wear? It's still pretty cold where I live, so I think a sweater might be my only option. Can someone give me an idea of what colors would go with the pants and shoes?
    Would a red sweater with a white dress shirt be alright?
    Oh and I have a medium-brown complexion.
    Thanks.

2. PConsultant

PConsultant Member

There are a lot of things that could go well with the pants and shoes. Try a white dress shirt and a gray, black, or dark blue sweater - it's simple and will work. You could also throw in a cool checked shirt, but it has to be just right in order not to look odd.

As for the red, it depends on the shade. Unfortunately, we can't see it so we have to trust your judgment there =/

3. weeks

weeks Senior Member

Hi, I need some help. I've got a semi-casual function to go to on Saturday (it's Tuesday today), and I can't find a good top.
    I've got dark-brown pants with greyish-white pinstripes and flat soled brown Snipe shoes.
    If I don't want to wear just a white dress shirt with it, what else can I wear? It's still pretty cold where I live, so I think a sweater might be my only option. Can someone give me an idea of what colors would go with the pants and shoes?
    Would a red sweater with a white dress shirt be alright?
    Oh and I have a medium-brown complexion.
    Thanks.

What are "Snipe shoes"?

4. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior Member

A light pink or blue would work well as a shirt choice. Top it with a dark blue sweater and you're in business (for the blue shirt) and a burgundy sweater if you wear a pink shirt.

5. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

I think you win the oldest thread resurrection award.

6. guynamedsean

guynamedsean Well-Known Member

do you feel cool, now that you pointed that out?